13| CHANGE OF PLAN

.

LOUIS PARTRIDGE

.

THAT'S ENOUGH DRIVING FOR NOW.

.

I stopped at a caravan park to stop for the night and locked every door and window making sure no one can get in, I grabbed an apple and bit into, its currently 7:23 PM at night and I have a rule for myself not to eat after 6 30 so I'm kinda breaking it, I shut the door of the front of the driver and passenger seat so absolutely no one can see inside and saw the bed empty but then heard the little snores from her coming from beside me on the couch, I sighed and looked back at the bed, I know there's only one bed but she should have it tonight, I admit I was being rude and a bit of a dick, I mean all she said was Gemini shit so I think I stepped over the line a bit, she didnt deserve that. I moved her hips to pick her up and wrapped her legs around my torso and walked to the bed.

I knelt on it and laid her down gently and put the cold covers on her and got up, heading to the couch to sleep for the night. I grabbed a spare blanket from under the couch and laid down trying to get comfortable on the small lounge and fell into a deep slumber.

~~~

"Hey uh...I'm sorry for yesterday," he spoke up after almost two hours of pure silence other than the barely audible music playing on the radio "I didnt mean it"

I pondered whether to reply or stay silent to his regretful words. Is he playing mind games with me? Does he actually mean that? Is he doing it just so we get somewhat along with each other for the rest of this hiding shit? But the main question ringing in my mind: can I actually trust him? And if so, do I?

"Wanna come up here and we can talk about it?" he suggested

I put my phone down and climbed off the bed that I figured he put me on before he went to sleep on the little couch. I walked quietly up to the passenger seat and sat down. Looking out to the road.

"I'm sorry. What I said was totally out of line and I shouldn't've said what I said to you" he started the conversation off

"...I'm sorry too, I apologized quietly. I was being bitch. We were talking about your family and I decided to just make a joke about your feelings and emotions. It was a dick move and I'm sorry. I'm sure they were lovely people"

I saw his mouth stretch to a half smile before dropping it "they were"

I sighed after a moment of silence "you didn't have to put on the bed. I was letting you have it when I slept on the couch"

"Well I let you sleep on the bed by putting you there"

"And there's-"

"-wait" I stopped him and turned to the radio, which I heard something on and turned it up to hear it clearly

"We were just now updated that the number five in most wanted criminals; Mr. L.P is apparently progressing towards Yorkshire Keighley. We have all the agencies and departments shifting their places to search for him and his unknown partner to keep England safe. Good morning England, stay safe" the news reporter informed.

"They make it sound like were a couple" I rolled my eyes

"Welp looks like we have to have a change of direction" he sighed in frustration as he rubbed his forehead with a hand he took off the wheel

"Then where are we going?"

His nose began to flare as he breathed in an unsettling rhythm

"Does Millie know how to hack systems and get phone numbers?" he questioned