16| THIN ICE

.

.

Y/N DAGGER

.

.

WE ENTERED THE BOARDER

"Miss me London!" I heard Louis congratulate himself as we entered the border of London, which woke me up from my slumber on the narrow couch with my phone still playing little noises on my stomach. I caressed my head and yawned deeply, struggling to get up from my position and headed to the passenger seat to view the success of escaping once again.

"Alrighty," he started "disguises, mostly me but we're gonna need something to cover ourselves'

"Aren't we going our separate ways? Don't tell me you still want me around you, do you?" I mocked him, making him exhale deeply in irritation.

"Don't tell me you don't remember me saying I'll get rid of you a couple hours ago" I chuckled

He smirks "I do, but I know you'll come running back to me when you get caught begging for help"

"No, no that won't happen" I scrunch my face as his statement

"Just you wait, and when it does happen, don't expect me to help you"

"Oh I won't, you can count on that" I nodded my head

"Good"

~~~

"Oh for fucks sake!" Louis cussed as he examined his messed up house that he suspected the SIS trashed up and searched upon.

He rubbed his forehead anxiously, pacing back and forth in his messy living room. He then proceeded to inform me that they had no right searching through his own house, the place he should feel safe in, not a place to be to be searched upon to find things that he shouldnt have.

"You're a top listed criminal, people are obviously gonna search your home, don't be surprised" I informed him

"But this is my home!"

"But they have a right to break in, you git!" I rolled my eyes harshly

"So you agree they broke in" he smiled desperately

I sighed in frustration "bloody dumbass" I murmured

He flopped down on his couch that had one cushion on it left from what I assume throwing them around to look around (which I had gotten that thought from the cushions being lazily placed on the other side of the room).

"Well, we'll stay the night and tomorrow we will set off again just in case" I said, starting to pick up the things thrown around the room and put them back in place (where I thought the where originally).

"Are you crazy? They searched this place, they're gonna know we went here when the don't find me in Keighley"

"Even if they did it would take them well over a day to come back here, and they don't know you're as dumb as a blind bat, to be a top criminal you have to be sharp and cunning, something... unexpected, for example, they're going to think you're too smart to stay in your own house, so they won't check here cause it's the obvious choice but they will anyway, they're going to go for somewhere they wouldn't think of and will go to all measures to get there"

"And how do you know this, exactly?" he squinted his eyes

"Because unlike someone (which I mean the person in front of me if that didn't come off as obvious as I thought) I have wit, they don't have the right mindset to keep up with criminals, that's why there's still the most wanted list" I stated matter-of-factly.