𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

.。*゚+.*.。   ⍋ ゚+..。*゚+

。*゚+

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

.。*゚+.*.。   ⍋ ゚+..。*゚+

Aether barely slept a wink that night. Albedo's words still echoed in his mind.

As I found my family and place in life, that feeling disappeared.

"Surely Albedo still feels lonely sometimes?" Aether thought to himself. Everyone gets lonely. Just...for some reason it was hitting Aether harder recently. Ever since arriving at his sister's, he couldn't seem to shake the cold feeling from his body, despite the warmth he was receiving from others.

The inability to drift off to sleep frustrated the blonde. Tossing and turning endlessly, he let out a groan and pressed his face into his pillow. Aether jumped as someone knocked on his room's door shortly after. "Come in..!" he yell-whispered.

The door knob twisted and clicked open, and in walked a familiar navy-haired male.

"Kaeya?! What are you doing up at this hour?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Kaeya responded nonchalantly. "I heard something coming from your room so I figured I'd come check up on you." Aether buried his face back into his pillow and muttered. "I just can't sleep, is all." Kaeya cocked his head to the side like a confused dog. "Oh? And why might that be?"

"No reason." The blonde replied.

"There isn't 'no reason' you're clearly awake because somethings bothering yo-"

"The bed is uncomfortable!"

Kaeya raised an eyebrow. "The bed...?" Aether nodded. "Yes, the mattress is as hard as rock." The tall male squinted. "Is that so? Well, let me see for myself." Kaeya approached the opposite side of Aether's temporary resting place and got under the covers beside him.

"Kaeya?! Get out of here-" Aether flushed as he tried to push Kaeya off the small twin sized bed. "Aetherrrr~" Kaeya purred, "This bed is quite comfortable..." The taller male grabbed the blonde and pulled him into his chest. "Please let go of me, Mr.Alberich..." Aether asked politely. Kaeya only embraced him harder. "Stop with the formalities...Albedo told me something was up with you, and I'm not leaving until you spill it."

Aether sighed heavily as he explained his feelings to Kaeya vaguely.

"Hmmmm... I think I know what's bothering you." 

Aether glanced up at him with a questioning look.

"You need a girlfriend!"

"Kaeya."

"You're obviously envious of the couples in our family and-"

"Kaeya..."

"I think you need a special lady friend to keep you company! You do live on your own and all-"

"Kaeya!"

"What!? I'm just saying what I think is best for you."

"What makes you care so much...? We aren't even related...nor are we family, really."

Kaeya smiled gently at him. "We don't have to be related for me to care, Aether. Look at me and Diluc. We aren't related by blood, yet we treat each other like brothers." The icy eyed male ran his fingers through Aether's soft blonde locks affectionately. "We can see you're upset, and want to help. Even if it means being your wing-man." Aether chucked softly "You? A wing man! Rosaria left you at the altar, didn't she?" Kaeya squeezed the blonde tightly and shushed him. "We don't talk about that one, Blondie..." he said, releasing Aether from his grasp. The blue haired man stood up and stretched, heading to the door. "Wait-! Kaeya. There's something I should've told you earlier." Aether called out in a whisper. Kaeya took a few steps back out of the doorway. "Yeah?"

Aether paused then giggled as he leaned close to Kaeya's ear.

"I like men."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Word count: 583
a/n: VERY short chapter and huge apology for the wait! I have a few final projects and overdue assignments. I have also fallen slightly ill recently, so please keep me in your thoughts! Thank you for reading <3