𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

.。*゚+.*.。 ⍋ ゚+..。*゚+

。*゚+

.。*゚+.*.。 ⍋ ゚+..。*゚+

"A little more to the left!" Lumine called to Aether, who was at the top of the ladder. "Like this?" Aether moved the string of colourful lights as his sister instructed, reaching on his tip-toes to fasten them in place.

"Y'know, I think someone taller really should've done the lights instead of me." The blonde male chuckled. His sister, unamused, stared at Kaeya holding the ladder, who seemed to have the height for the job. "What? You wanted me to go up there? And miss the view? You wish."

Lumine clenched her fists at this remark, wishing the male would stop being weird towards her brother. Aether however, didn't mind. As long as everyone was happy and no one was getting physically hurt, he was happy as well. He knew Kaeya was just trying to rile up his sister to get something out of her, but his intent was harmless. Aether got off the ladder so Lumine could instruct him to the next spot to arrange the lights.

The blonde female pointed to the taller part of the roof near the eavestrough."This is a bit of a tricky spot- I don't think I'm even tall enough to reach that high, Lumine." Aether responded. Lumine looked back at Kaeya, irritated. "Why don't you go up there and do my brother a solid? since you're so in love with him?" Kaeya shook his head "Listen, I only agreed to hold the ladder, nothing more, nothing less." Lumine looked just about ready to punch him, when Aether spoke up. "Guys- calm down, I can do it! Relax!"

"Just...be careful..." Lumine advised. Aether climbed up the ladder, a coil of lights wrapped around his arm. He successfully clipped the lights ascending to the highest point of the roof. Now, the tricky bit was the tip of the roof itself. The point was two heads taller than Aether was, and the ladder Kaeya held under him wasn't exactly the sturdiest. The blonde took a forbidden step onto the "Do Not Step Here!" part of the ladder, and managed to successfully clip the strand of lights onto the roof. "I-I did it! Haha! Yes!" Aether celebrated. However his celebration was short lived, as he felt the surface underneath him shake, and then vanish altogether.

Shit.

Feeling the world go into slow motion, Aether collected his thoughts.

Is this really how I go? Falling off a ladder putting up Christmas lights for my sister? Kind of pathetic. Oh well. Can't stop fate I guess.

Accepting his predicament, he closed his eyes, and the world resumed its speed, a falling sensation awaiting a hard landing. Except...the hard landing never came. Aether opened his eyes and saw he had been caught. "It appears I've saved the prince..." Kaeya began, holding the recently caught Aether closer to him "Do I get a reward...?" The startled blonde flailed in the bluenette's arms until he eventually put him down with a pat on the head.

"Y'know Mr. Alberich, I think maybe you should take my sister's advice and cut the act- this is kind of getting annoying, no offence." Aether said truthfully. Kaeya laughed a bit, covering his mouth with a finger. "Sorry, sorry. It's just fun getting a reaction out of Lumine. And besides, it looks like she isn't the only one displeased with my antics..." he stated, pointing. Aether turned to see.... him.

The ever so gorgeous stranger that lived a few doors down, was standing in their driveway, holding what appeared to be the two mugs he had spilled on Aether a few days prior- now cleaned. They locked eyes yet again, warm amber ones with a more cold set. Aether approached the teal haired man, and he held out the cups for Aether to grab.

"Thank you for returning these- cleaning them too..erm...uh..."

"Xiao."

"Xiao..." The blonde echoed, effortlessly taking the mugs out of his hands.

Xiao.

A pretty name for a pretty person. Aether liked how short yet elegant it was, easily rolling off his tongue with a simple movement of his lips.

"I deeply apologize for pushing you the other day...I am not...accustomed..to visitors." Xiao spoke, loud enough that only Aether could hear. "Don't worry about it! I was being quite intrusive to begin with- I don't think it was nice of me to try and invade your personal space.." Xiao shook his head, as if this answer did not satisfy him. "No, I was still in the wrong- I insist, let me make it up to you. Dinner tonight, at my house. 7pm. You may bring your own dish, if you would like." Aether took a small step backwards. This seemed more like a demand than an offer. Not that he was opposed to it.

"Oh- alright, then. I'll be there-" he was cut off by a familiar blue haired wine enthusiast.

"Blondie...Who's this cute friend of yours~?"

Aether turned to look at Kaeya, and then back to Xiao, noticing a dash of resentment within his gaze, directed at the taller male.

Aether opened his mouth to try to formulate a response, however Xiao was quicker.

"None of your business, man whore."

Giving Kaeya no time to respond, Xiao sauntered off in silence, turning his back towards them. "Y'know, I think I like this guy." Lumine chuckled, looking smugly at Kaeya. "What do you think, Aether?" The blonde male held an expression that gave away nothing. "He's quite interesting. On a side note, I guess you guys don't have to worry about me for dinner." A light snowfall began, almost like a signal for the three to head inside to rest.

Aether had an interesting night ahead of him.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Word count: 955
a/n: hey guys author here! thank you sosososososo much for 800+  reads :0 I've been extremely busy and not motivated lol- I mean, who wants to write Christmas themed fanfic in February , am I right folks? Still gonna write it as fast as I can cuz I don't wanna keep people waiting! Stay safe out there and love you all <3