𝐭𝐞𝐧

.。*゚+.*.。 ⍋ ゚+..。*゚+

。*゚+

.。*゚+.*.。 ⍋ ゚+..。*゚+

"So you were adopted?"

Xiao nodded, poking at his food.

"My biological father was an alcoholic. Died of withdrawal symptoms when I was 12." The teal haired male explained. "I was then adopted by Mr. Zhongli, who was a part of the CPS at the time."

Aether made an audible noise of following, as he figured talking with his mouth full would be rude. Xiao continued.

"It was just me and him for a while... until he brought home that dumbass 'pop star'..."

"Venti, right?"

"How'd you know?"

"My sister came by your house a few years back. He was living here with Mr. Zhongli."

Xiao pushed up the reading glasses he was wearing and took another bite of his food in silence.

"Is this Mr. Zhongli's house?" Aether asked

"Yes and no. It's under his name, but he lets me stay here since he's living with his new boyfriend. "

"Does he come to see you often?"

"Once every few months, but he comes to visit more during the holidays."

A silent pause is followed by the clink of a fork hitting a plate, and a look of realization comes to Xiao's face. He stands up and begins walking towards the kitchen, stopping and pivoting to look back at Aether.

"What do you want to drink?"

The blonde pondered for a moment before replying with "water", watching as Xiao stalked off to the kitchen once more, looking slightly irritated.

Aether didn't blame him. From what Xiao told him, he was miserable.

His posture was like that of a depressed sphinx cat. His eyes, held a permanent look of frustration, glazed over with a lens of sorrow. There was dust on the table. A lack of food in the fridge. Even the aura he felt when he entered the home was somewhat...

Sad.

No friends that came around, and family members that he didn't see often.

It was... sad.

Aether didn't want to use that word. Classifying his new friend of sorts as a pathetic, lonely loser?