𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

.。*゚+.*.。 ⍋ ゚+..。*゚+

。*゚+

.。*゚+.*.。 ⍋ ゚+..。*゚+

"It's not a date- I barely know who he is!"

"Did you even see the way he looked at you? Or were you too busy looking at him the same way?"

"It's just a dinner... nothing more nothing less, stop trying to fool yourself."

"Just a dinner, huh? Why are you dressed up all fancy then, hm?"

"What's wrong with dressing up nice for a normal dinner? I'm just trying to be polite."

"I don't know... seems to me you're pretty head over heels for this Xiao guy..."

"I am not! Why are you so invested anyways? Are you in love with me or something? Getting jealous maybe?"

"Not at all! I'm just...curious..."

"Yeah, yeah, 'curious', ok. Just- get out of my way please, I need to use the bathroom."

Aether pushed Kaeya aside, slamming the door to the bathroom and locking it behind him. Kaeya was getting quite bothersome, ever since Xiao had asked him to dinner a few hours prior. The rate at which the blue haired male had become so utterly obnoxious in the past few hours was astonishing.

This is probably why no one wants to marry him, Aether thought.

The blonde turned on the sink, splashing water on his face, before looking up at the mirror. This was just a dinner. Why did it feel like something more? Why did he feel obligated to dress up for something that, he had told himself, was merely casual and unromantic? Why did he feel the need to prove to others that this was the case? Shaking his head at the thought, he exited the bathroom as quietly as he could, to not alert anyone of his presence. Aether made his way through the empty kitchen, remembering what Xiao said.

"You may bring your own dish, if you would like."

An idea sparked in Aether's head. Initially, he planned not to bring anything. After all, his sister and in-laws would surely make a fuss about what meal was to be prepared. Since they went out for dinner that evening, they weren't here to dictate what he made for Xiao.

The clock read 6:15 pm.

He had time.

Putting on an apron and rolling up his sleeves, Aether got to work. He decided to make a favourite of his; a meal he had when he travelled abroad in Monstadt. The owner of the restaurant was ever so kind to give him the recipe, and he had perfected it after years of making it. Opening the freezer, he reached for a chunk of pork and inspected it. After assuring the cut was boneless, and had not reached its expiration date, Aether placed it on the counter to prepare. "Eggs.. flour..." he listed to himself while subsequently grabbing the ingredients. "Salt...vegetable oil...pepper..."