Chapter 5

Tony and Steve were sitting on the couch watching the titanic. Tony had a large bowl of popcorn between them. Tony grabbed large amounts of popcorn and shoved it into his mouth. While Steve picked up one piece of popcorn at a time.

Steve kept thinking about how Tony had never been in a serious relationship. It was eating at him. He paused the movie.

"Steve, Why did you pause the movie?"

Steve looked at him. "Is it true that you have never been in a serious relationship?".

Tony became very confused. Because he had serious relationships before.

"Who told you that?"Tony asked.

"Stephen did".

"Wha- what?"

"Is it true?"Steve asked him.

"No it's not. I had several serious relationships, they just didn't work out. I-I don't understand why Stephen would tell you that".

"I think he's trying to get rid of me", Steve quietly said.

"Why would he do that? I thought he liked you", Tony replied. He was very confused now.

"I think it has to do with yalls friendship", Steve added. " I think he misses you and misses spending time with you", Steve continues.

"Shit. I should have noticed. I need to talk to him", Tony said.

Steve understood and left. Tony texted Stephen.

Tony: Are you home?

Stephen: Yes.

Tony: Can I come by?

Stephen: Yeah.

Tony: I will be there soon.

Tony drove to Stephen's apartment and knocked on the door. Stephen opened the door and Tony barged in. Stephen closed and locked the door.

Tony was just so angry with Stephen.

"Is everything okay?"Stephen asked.

"Stephen what the fuck is wrong with you!? How dare you tell Steve that I never had a serious relationship!"Tony screamed at him.

Stephen flinched and took a few steps back. "I-I-I", he stuttered.

"Why did you do it!? Was it because I've been spending less time with you!?".

Stephen didn't answer. He wished he could take it back. Stephen knew he fucked up big time and hoped maybe he could fix it. But how?

"Answer me!"Tony roared.

"Y-Yes", Stephen answered quietly.

"Seriously?!", Tony scoffed

Stephen nodded. "I'm sorry, Tony".

"Sorry doesn't fix a damn thing. How dare you lie to Steve! Do you hate him or something?"

"Yes, I do. I don't trust him", Stephen answered.

"What? Why don't you trust him? Steve's a good man".

"I don't have to tell you my reason, Tony".

"Well... I'm dating Steve and he means so much to me. And if you can't accept that, then we can't be friends", Tony informed.

Stephen didn't reply back.

"Are you going to say anything?"

"Just leave", Stephen told him.

"Well when you decide to make up your mind, call me. Otherwise don't."

Stephen said nothing, he looked at the floor. He couldn't look at Tony right now.

"You owe Steve an apology".

Stephen just stood still, he kept his eyes locked on the floor still.

Tony let out a frustrated sigh and left Stephens apartment, slamming the door hard.

Tears began streaming down Stephens's face. He fucked up big time. He quickly walked to his bedroom and laid down in bed. He curled up into a ball and just cried. He hates his life right now. He wishes he could take it back. He can't lose Tony. Tony is his best friend.

Stephen was in bed all night. He woke up early and went to work. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. He just did his job and made sure every surgery he did was done correctly. Christine noticed he was having a shitty day but didn't say anything because she didn't want to make his day worse. She decided to talk to him after work. Maybe invite him for a drink.

As Stephen was leaving work, Christine came up to him.

"Stephen what's wrong?", she asked.

"I-I fucked up big time and I think me and Tony's friendship came to an end".

"What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it", Stephen replied. He didn't want to tell Christine what he did because he was ashamed of himself.

"Oh okay, well, if you want to talk about it, you can always call me".

"Thanks, Christine", Stephen said with a smile.

Christine smiled back at him and pulled him into a hug. "I'll always be here for you Steph. I just want you to know that".

"Thank you," Stephen said as he hugged her back.

She pulled away and asked,", Steph wanna go out tonight and get drinks? I know a good bar".

"Okay, just let me go home first and change".

"Of course", she replied.

Stephen went home and changed out of his work clothes. He showered and changed into a pair of jeans, and a red t-shirt. He put his black vans on. He texted Christine saying he was leaving his apartment and if she could send him the address to the bar. Which she did.

Stephen made it to the bar and found Christine sitting at one of the booths. He went over to it and sat across from her.

He ordered a large beer and Christine ordered a strawberry cocktail. They talked about their life. Stephen was glad he had Christine as his friend. She meant a lot to him. They talked about shows they watched and told stories about their jobs. They laughed and had a blast together.

After the bar, they walked in the park and told funny stories about their childhood and talked about other things.