Chapter 10

Steve found Stephen on the couch, who was looking at something on his phone.

Steve wasn't blind he could tell Stephen was in love with Tony; he just never said anything. Steve sat down on the couch next to Stephen 

Steve decided to ask Stephen. "You like my boyfriend, don't you?".

"Yes", Stephen admitted 

"I d-don't know what to say", was all Steve said. 

"I'm sorry for all the shit I put you and Tony through. I'm a shitty person, I know that. You two didn't deserve that. I just couldn't get over the fact that I would never have Tony. That I would never be with him. I'm so sorry. "

"It's okay. I forgive you", Steve told him.

Stephen didn't look at him and started speaking again. "I-I misjudged you, Steve. You are a good person and you are perfect for Tony. I see that now. I don't want to ruin yalls relationship more than I already have..."

Steve didn't say anything. He just stayed looking at Stephen. 

"I-I I'm done. I'm gonna end my friendship with Tony", Stephen said weakly.

"Stephen you don't have to".

"Yes I do. I'm always gonna be in love with Tony and that's why I can't be his friend".

"I understand Stephen".

"Please promise me something", this time Stephen looked up at Steve.

"Anything".

"Please, don't tell Tony. I don't want him to know".

"Your secret is safe with me Stephen".

"Thanks", Stephen said with a small smile.

They both looked at each other for a couple of seconds, and Stephen decided to speak again.

"I'm gonna go find Tony and end my friendship with him".

Steve didn't say anything and Stephen left. Stephen exited Tony's Mansion and texted Tony to meet him there because he had to say something.

Tony quickly came and saw so much sadness in Stephen's eyes. 

"Stephen what's wrong", Tony asked in worry.

"I can't be your friend anymore Tony".

"Why!?", Tony softly said. He was in shock. Why was Stephen ending their friendship?

"I'm not gonna tell you why".

"Stephen, you can't just tell me to come out here and say we can't be friends anymore. You better tell me the fucking reason!"Tony cried. He was so angry.

"I'm sorry Tony. I-I just can't".

"Don't you dare do this to me, Stephen!"

"I'm sorry", Stephen said on the verge of tears but he held them in. He couldn't let Tony see him cry.

"Stephen, tell me Why? Just fucking tell me!"

Stephen looked at Tony and shook his head.

A sob escaped Tony's lips. "Stephen please, I need you. I fucking need you".

"I don't need you, Tony. I never did."

"Stephen, that's not true! You need me and I need you! Please don't do this!"Tony screamed at him. Tears spilled fast down Tony's face.

"I DON'T FUCKING NEED YOU TONY! I NEVER WILL!"Stephen yelled.

"You don't mean it. I know you don't Stephen".

"I DO! YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME TONY FUCKING STARK! YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO ME! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING MIND!"

Tony didn't know how to reply.  He couldn't believe his friend was leaving him. 

Stephen didn't bother to look at him. He turned around and walked off. Tony watched Stephen get in his car and drive off. 

Tony was in so much shock. He didn't understand why his best friend left him. He started crying even more. He ran to his bedroom and locked the door. He didn't want anyone to see him sad like this. 

After the party ended, Steve came looking for Tony. He knocked on Tony's bedroom door and Tony got up and opened the door for Steve. Once he opened the door, Tony went back to his bed and sat down. He had his hands on his face. He didn't want Steve to see him crying. 

Steve joined him on the bed and put an arm around him. 

"Stephen stopped being my friend and I don't know why", Tony continued to cry. 

Steve promised Stephen he wouldn't tell Tony. So he said", I'm sorry Tony". 

" Promise me you won't leave me, Steve. I can't lose another person I care about", Tony said weakly.

"I promise", Steve said.

Tony looked up at Steve. "Thank you".

Steve pulled Tony into a hug and held him close to himself. "I love you, Tony"

Tony smiled and hugged Steve tighter. "I love you too, Steve Rogers. 

Stephen ran home and went straight to his bedroom. He laid in bed, he was so heartbroken. He knew this was for the best. He didn't want to ruin Tony's and Steve's relationship even more. He knew he couldn't stay in New York but where would he go?