Chapter 9

A week later, it was the day of Tony's party. Stephen decided he would show up an hour late to the party. He also decided he wouldn't talk to Steve that much.

Before the party, Stephen just lays in bed all day and then showers before going to the party. He gets there and walks in since the door was unlocked. He sees Bruce talking to someone. He wasn't surprised to see Bruce there since Bruce was good friends with Tony.

He walks over to the kitchen to get himself food. He grabs a slice of pineapple pizza and 2 slices of pepperoni pizza. He gets himself 2 big reds from Tony's fridge. He's not sure where Tony is but he decides he'll find him after he eats. He sits at the empty table and eats in peace.

He's halfway done eating when Bruce comes over to him and sits across from him.

"Hey Stephen, I was hoping to see you here", Bruce tells him.

"I can never miss Tony's parties".

"Don't you just think Steve and Tony are just so perfect for each other?"Bruce asked.

Stephen took a bite of his pizza, He looked at Bruce and nodded. "Yup".

Bruce could tell something was wrong and asked:", Are you okay Stephen?"

"Yeah...I mean not really but I'm dealing with it", Stephen admitted.

"You wanna talk about it?"Bruce asked.

"No I don't", Stephen answered.

"Well if you do, I'm always here for you Stephen".

"Thanks, Bruce".

After Stephen finished eating, he and Bruce departed. Stephen wanted to find Tony.

Stephen found Tony in the backyard. Tony was kissing Steve. Stephen watched and thought about how much he wished that was him and Tony. He watched them pull apart, smiling and that's when Stephen turned around and left. He'll have to find Tony when he's alone.

Stephen's feelings took control. It hurt seeing Tony kiss Steve. It hurt even more when Stephen realized he would never have a chance with Tony.

He often wished he had the magic to make Tony like him and only him but he knew that would be a selfish thing to do.

Stephen went back inside and went straight to the kitchen area. He grabbed a couple of beers and drank away his pain.

He took a seat on Tony's couch and sighed. He couldn't do it anymore. Seeing Tony with Steve just made Stephen so jealous and sad. Stephen knew he couldn't be Tony's friend anymore because he would always have feelings for him. Stephen knew he couldn't take Steve away from Tony. A good friend didn't do that. Stephen wanted to be a good friend and he knew exactly what he had to do.

He pulled out his phone and texted Wong.

Stephen: I made a decision.

Wong: And that is?

Stephen: I'm going to end my friendship with Tony. I'm gonna be fine. It's just something I have to do in order to move on in life, in order to feel free and happy. I need this. I want Tony to be happy and I don't want to be a shitty friend and ruin that. I want to be a good friend.

Wong: Stephen, I'm glad to hear this. Thank You for telling me. I'm glad you're able to move on because that takes bravery and courage.

Stephen: It sure does. Not sure how I'm going to tell Tony but I'll figure it out, I always do. I know he's gonna be sad.

Wong: Are you gonna tell him why?

Stephen: No I'm not. I'm just gonna tell him how it is... we can't be friends anymore. Not gonna give him a reason.

Wong: Maybe one day you'll tell him why.

Stephen: Maybe but not right now.

Stephen finished texting Wong and put his phone away. He stood up and saw Tony coming his way. Stephen is planning on telling Tony the news once Tony is alone or he might have to ask Tony if he could talk to him privately.

Tony saw Stephen and smiled at him. Stephen smiled back at Tony.

Tony walked over to his friend and asked:", Stephen, how come you were late?"

"I had stuff to do Tony", Stephen lied. Stephen felt guilty for lying.

"Like?"Tony asked.

Tony didn't like being nosey but he just wanted to make sure his friend was okay.

"It doesn't matter", Stephen replied as he avoided eye contact with Tony.

"Well, whatever is going on with you... feel free to talk to me. I won't judge you, I'll be there for you. I'll always be there for Stephen", Tony said as he laid his hand on Stephen's shoulder.

Stephen looked at his friend. "Thank You Tony. That means a lot".

Tony gave his friend a smile and said", Anytime Stephen", and with that Tony left.

Stephen sighed and followed Tony. Tony went outside to flip the burgers. Stephen came up to him and said, "Hey, the reason I-I uh..??" Stephen had a hard time coming up with something to say.

Tony looked at him. "Hey, don't worry about it. You don't have to tell me, Okay? I just worry about you", Tony replied.

"You don't gotta worry about me, Tony. I'm fine. I'll always be fine", he said with a smile".

"I know. I just can't help but worry about you. You're my best friend Stephen".

"You're my best friend too, Tony", Stephen said with a smile.

Tony pulled Stephen into a hug and Stephen hugged back. Stephen never wanted this hug to end. Stephen laid his head on Tony's shoulder. Telling Tony he can't be friends with him is going to be harder than he thought.

Stephen needed to break the hug fast and quickly. So he pulled away from the hug and said", I'll be right back, I gotta use the restroom".

"Okay. Stephen, would you like a burger when you come back?"

"I'm still full from pizza", Stephen replied.

Tony nodded and Stephen walked back inside. He didn't need to use the restroom, but he still went to the restroom anyway.

In the restroom, Stephen turned the water on and splashed water on his face. He dried the water off with a paper towel. He didn't want to go back outside. He exited the bathroom and sat on the couch and sighed. Stephen was the only person inside since everyone else was outside. He laid his hands on his knees. He kept on thinking about how and when he was going to tell Tony the news. He also thought about what he was going to say. Stephen looked at his phone and started going through the photos of him and Tony. He clicked on each picture of Tony and deleted every single one except for one picture. It was Stephen's most favorite picture.

Stephen kept the picture of when Tony had a fashion show for his first date with Steve. And Tony tried on his last outfit, which was a black suit and Stephen couldn't take his eyes off Tony.

Stephen could still remember that day:

Tony went to the bathroom to put his next outfit on. He put on a black suit with black dress shoes. He walked out of the bathroom and posed for Stephen.

Stephen's mouth hung open. Fuck he said to himself. Stephen couldn't believe how hot Tony looked. He pulled his phone out and took a picture of Tony. Tony smiled widely.

After Stephen finished, he looked at Tony and said:", you should go with that one."

"You know what I will do just that. Also Stephen, send me that sexy picture you took of me".

Will do", Stephen said as he pulled his phone back out and sent Tony the picture.