Chapter 8

A week later, Tony decided to invite both Steve and Stephen to his house. He hoped everything would go well this time.

Tony: I'm going to have movie night tonight.

Stephen: We have movie night every time I come over.

Tony: True but this time I'm inviting Steve.

Ugh, Stephen said. He was hoping Tony wouldn't invite Steve.

Tony: Would that be okay with you? I just want you two to become friends.

Stephen didn't want to be rude so instead, he said:

Stephen: That's fine.

Stephen: What time shall I come over at?

Tony: Come over at 7 pm.

Stephen: Okay. See ya then.

Stephen had 5 hours before he had to be at Tony s and decided to pay Wong a visit.

Stephen: Are you free?

Wong: Yes.

Stephen: Can I come over?

Wong: Yes you can.

Stephen was glad Wong said yes and drove straight to his house.

At Wong's house:

They sat at the table while Wong poured himself and Stephen hot coffee. Stephen poured the chocolate creamer into his coffee and stirred it. He took a sip and it tasted good so he took another sip.

"So what brings you by, Stephen?"Wong asked.

"Tony invited me to his house for movie night and Steve is gonna be there. I don't like Steve one bit", Stephen answered.

"I'm sorry, Stephen".

Stephen looked down at his coffee. "I don't know if I can be Tony's friend."

"Why?"Wong asked.

"Because I might do something stupid and ruin Tony and Steve's relationship".

"Stephen, that won't happen", Wong said, trying his best to encourage his friend.

"It might", Stephen added.

"Are you going to stop being Tony's friend?"

"I don't know", Stephen answered.

"Well if you do... you'll always have me", Wong said with a smile.

"Thanks, Wong, you're an amazing friend".

"I know I am", Wong said, returning the smile.

------------

Stephen showed up at Tony's on time.

They were on the couch watching Blaze of Glory. Tony sat in the middle of Steve and Stephen. Stephen rarely talked to Steve, he mostly spoke to Tony. Steve could tell Stephen was distancing himself from him. Steve thought he and Stephen were fine after the talk they had. Steve couldn't help but have the feeling that Stephen hated him. It made him feel a bit sad since all Steve wanted to do was to become friends with him. Steve quietly watched the movie, he let the best friends talk with each other.

Halfway through the movie, Tony told both Steve and Stephen that he had to use the restroom real quick. Tony paused the movie and ran to the bathroom. He drank too much soda.

Steve looked at Stephen and Stephen looked back at him. Steve smiled a bit.

"So um do you like the movie?"Stephen asked.