Chapter 16: Malfunction

"Will you be a wasp or a bee?"

It doesn't really dawn on Leo what he's actually done until the next morning. Having gone to bed with the realisation that he was absolutely crushing on his tutor and convincing himself that the kiss they had shared was 100% for research purposes, he now felt a little nauseous, shameful, even abnormal. This definitely was not right.

He lays in bed looking over at The PT, the usual vacant expression plastered across its face, but for some reason, it looked a little different today. Leo sits up and just stares. What was it? What was he missing?

"Hey!" He calls out. To his surprise, The PT looks straight at him. "Do you not switch off now?" Leo questions.

The PT slowly walks over to Leo, sat up in bed and sits on the edge. It reaches out and takes Leo's hand. "I...I'm I...I...I...I"

Leo pulls his hand back and sits up on his knees. "Tutor what's the matter?" The tutor continues to stammer, head jerking forward slightly. Leo tries to grab a hold of The PT's face to steady it. "Please...Stop. Whatever is wrong just stop!"

Leo tries to make eye contact, noticing the orbs, changing from green to brown, spinning fiercely. He watches as they slow down, the colour changing back to bright green. The usual green Leo was used to seeing. The PT stops jerking its head and sits up a little, making Leo lower his hands. "Good Morning Leo. How may I assist you with your learning today?"

"W...what was that?" Leo asks, still looking at The PT a little warily.

"What was what, Leo?"

"Your eyes, they were brown, you were stammering, your head wouldn't stop shaking."

"I'm sorry Leo, I do not recall such events. The PT replies, ending the sentence with a dimpled smile.

Leo goes quiet. Should he ask? He nibbles lightly on his lower lip. "Um...yesterday, yesterday evening...do you um, remember we kissed?"

"Yes Leo. I remember." The PT responds. "It seems you have a heightened emotion around me. It's quite natural, one of my programs is to assess sexual curiosities.

Leo looks at The PT.

"What do you mean? Sexual curiosities?" Leo furrows his brow.

"Leo have you ever found an attraction towards the same sex?" The PT asks so bluntly that it takes Leo by surprise.

"I...I don't know?" He answers honestly. It was never something which plagued his thoughts. He just knew right now, he wanted to kiss The PT again, ah but that's not right. It's just not right, but...what if he did do it again? Maybe a second try will confirm that this was silly. A ridiculous idea, a fantasy.

"Tutor...can we kiss again?" He couldn't believe he was asking this. That the sentence was leaving his lips, but his desires were pushing forward with a great force.

"Yes Leo. We can."

Now there was nothing stopping him. Leo is a little hesitant at first, he leans in a little closer. The PT lifts a hand and places it on his jawline. It felt uncannily human. Leo feels his eyes closing, then there! He was doing it again. Kissing the The PT.

It somehow felt different this time. Leo wanted it all the more. He didn't care if it was wrong, or weird, he couldn't help the way he felt and this felt amazing.

Leo feels the weight of The PT lean over him slightly as his tutor crawls slowly onto the bed, making Leo lay back, his pyjama clad legs widening to allow The PT to rest inbetween as it somehow knew just how to kiss just right.

All of a sudden, The PT trails a row of kisses away from Leo's lips, working towards Leo's neck. This was getting heated and Leo was discovering that with each action from his tutor, it just confirmed to him that he never wanted to be a wasp. He was a shameless bee, through and through.

The PT's lips edge to the shell of Leo's ear. It suddenly stops kissing the boy and almost freezes its actions. Leo is still in his state of self proclaimed revelation when he is brought around with the words. "See me...please."

Leo pulls his head back to look at The PT in the face. The eyes again look like they are brown, then turn back to green. "Ok. S...stop now." Leo mutters. The PT pulls back and again sits on the edge of the bed. Leo slowly sits up.

"What did you just say to me...in my ear?"

"I have not spoken any words Leo." The PT responds.

"No...you definitely said something. I heard it." Leo insists.

"I assure you Leo, I did not speak."

Leo looks at his tutor through suspicious eyes.

"Have you finished your kissing practise Leo?" The PT suddenly asks.

"Y..yes." Leo replies, a little taken aback with it being referred to as kissing practise. That essentially was what it was. Of course The PT cannot feel any real emotion back, Leo was a fool to think otherwise. Hell, he was a fool to allow himself to feel like this in the first place!

"Have you reached a decision with regards to your conundrum?" The PT adds.

"My conundrum?" Leo furrows his brow.

The PT leans in a fraction as if it's a secret between them. "Anna...will you be a wasp or a bee?"