Chapter 18: The time is now

"Why do I like you like this?"

"Hey! That's mine!" Harley protests as Leo picks up his coke. He takes a sip through the red and white straw before getting up from his seat, drink in hand and making a direct cut through the crowds of teens, tucking into their lunches. The way Leo moves, so direct and so sure, somehow parts the group, almost like the parting of the red sea.

Anna is now directly in front of him. Their stares are intense. It's not a good stare, not the kind where you can't take your eyes from the other person because you are in awe of them. No, this state was venomous. 

The atmosphere around them doesn't go unnoticed when the canteen quietens down just a fraction. People began to sense something is about to happen. 

Leo now stands before Anna, looking down at her shorter stature. She gazes up at him expectantly waiting for him to pop the question, either that or she could unleash her secret weapon and crush Leo slowly. 

Leo suddenly holds the fizzy drink out in front of him, she looks down at the beverage being offered to her before looking back at him. "Anna ..." he begins, his grip on the paper vessel tightening slightly.

"Yes Leo?" She replies, all sickly and sweet, just like the drink being offered to her. 

"...Will you be my date for the prom?" It took Leo all the strength he possessed to say those words. It almost made him feel physically sick at what he was doing.

Anna puts a hand to her chest in fake surprise. "You...you want to ask me?" 

Was she joking? Did he seriously have to repeat himself? Leo swallows hard, he can feel his body tensing up. "Anna..." he repeats "please be my date for the prom." His acting skills come into full force as he plasters a fake smile across his face. 

Anna finally takes the drink being offered to her and takes a long sip from the straw. Leo watches as she lets her lips seductively suck up the drink, her gaze still not leaving his. Leo didn't know exactly what she wanted to achieve, but he was finding none of this alluring, just plain uncomfortable. 

She finally removes her mouth from her straw, letting her lips pop from the tip of the tube, her throat swallowing down the fizzy drink. The anticipation of her response has now drawn the attention of the majority of the canteen, all waiting with baited breath for the response she would give.

Finally she gives a reply. "Ok, sure...I'll go with you." She smiles an innocent looking smile as she leans forward looking up at the guy who was slowly dying inside. 

She gets on her tiptoes and presses her lips onto his. Leo closes his eyes, almost screwing them tight to block out the feeling of her pressed against him. All around him he can suddenly hear cheers from the crowds surrounding the pair. Anna pulls away, still smiling at Leo. She leans across to his left ear and whispers, "Good boy, see that wasn't so hard, was it?"

***

Leo looked down on his plate of chicken wings, picking absentmindedly at the spicy skin. "Are you gonna eat that?" Enzo comments, licking the tips of his fingers, his own plate empty, save a few bones. 

"Mmm?...oh no you have them." Leo replies, glancing over at Enzo, before pushing his plate across a little for his brother to reach. 

"Are you feeling ok Leo? You don't usually leave your chicken. Is it my new marinade?" Leo's dad looks over to his son a little concerned. 

"No dad, it was nice, I'm just not that hungry...that's all." He tries to muster a smile. 

"Well, try and eat something will you, I don't want your mother worrying about me not feeding your brain cells when she gets in from work." His father adds. 

Leo pulls back one of the chicken pieces and forces it down. "He's probably love sick dad." Enzo pipes up through a full mouth, causing Leo to glare at his grinning brother, who was innocently licking his spicy lips. 

"What's this? What's been going on Leo?" His dad looked almost as excitable as the people in the canteen earlier that day. 

"It's nothing dad." Leo tries to dismiss the comment. He wanted to think of anything else than the uncomfortable situation he had gotten himself into earlier that day. 

"He asked a girl out in front of everyone." Enzo blurts out unashamedly. "Ow!" A hand now cuffed Enzo around the back of his head. 

"Stop it Leo!...Enzo if he doesn't want to talk about it..." his dad starts, but he's interrupted. 

"No I don't...can I go please? I should study." Leo is already getting to standing, he was leaving the table regardless of what his father said. His father nods and Leo departs making his way up the stairs to his room. 

Glancing over at The PT, he sees the tutor switched off as it should be. It was currently standing next to Leo's desk, looking across the room. Leo takes advantage of The PT being non responsive. He walks over to it, making eye contact with the vacant orbs, taking a heavy sigh. "Why do I like you like this?" He says out loud, raising a hand to The PT's face. 

He uses the tips of his fingers to brush over The PTs flesh like soft skin. The cheeks are so soft, the dimples indented just so. 

The other hand now joins the first as Leo feels the contours or the The PT's neck, fingers working their way to the buttons of The PT's shirt.

He pauses momentarily at the fastenings, he is curious, he wants to see The PT uncovered again and this time, this time, he wants to take in every detail. Leo doesn't want to shy away from the way The PT's body looks, or how it would feel, if he was pressed against it.

Before he can talk himself out of it, Leo is unbuttoning the shirt, the buttons popping open, one by one...