Chapter 21: Interference

"I see you all the time!"

"Hello...hello. Cameron...can you hear me?" Leo stares at his tutor in the eyes. Searching for something deep inside. A glint of the second identity hidden within, but all he gets is The PTs monotonous tones. "Leo, you seem to be a little confused this evening. May I suggest some bed rest?" 

"No, I don't need bed rest... Cameron, please...I know you're in there." But all Leo gets are the pleasant green eyes staring back at him. 

"What are you doing?" Leo steps back a little from The PT and looks to his bedroom door, which is open a fraction. Enzo is watching through the gap. He puts a hand to the door as it creaks open a little more, allowing him to step through.

"N...nothing." Leo replies, clearing his throat a little. He begins to busy himself with his notes on physics, which were scattered on the desk. 

"Leo I'm not deaf, you just said, Cameron can you hear me...Who's Cameron?" Enzo now walks over to The PT, looking it up and down, before turning his attention back to Leo. 

"You wouldn't understand Enzo." He replies, almost hassled, shuffling papers haphazardly in his hands in order to distract from the situation. 

Enzo looks at the back of Leo, just staring a moment, before facing The PT and gazing into its green eyes. "Hey...psst...Cameron....are you in there?" 

To Enzo's surprise, he gets a response. The head moves slightly, to face him, the eyes turn a deep brown. "Enzo. You see me?" Cameron replies.

"Uh Leo...what's going on? Why is the robot different?" Enzo doesn't take his eyes off Cameron. 

Leo quickly turns around, shoulder barging his brother out of the way. "Cameron, I need your help. I'm stuck, I'm cornered." 

As soon as Cameron makes eye contact with Leo, the eyes slowly turn into their usual green. "Good evening Leo. Do you wish to study?"

Leo shakes his tutor's shoulders desperately. Where did Cameron go? He was right there. "No no no! Come back...please!"

Leo drops his hands in defeat. He looks at Enzo watching from over Leo's shoulder, still a little confused by it all. "How did you do that, Enzo? How did you bring Cameron out?" 

Enzo just looks at the tutor with a frown. "I...I just looked at it and asked if it was there...the same as you." 

"Do it...do it again." Leo pleads, moving out of the way, so Enzo can hopefully call Cameron out.

Enzo once again steps forward, the The PT's green eyes looking towards Enzo. "Cameron. Come out, come out, wherever you are." He steps back and sees the green eyes instantly change into the deep brown orbs once more. Leo goes to move Enzo out of the way again, but Enzo stops him. "No...he might disappear again." 

Cameron once again smiles at Enzo. "Thankyou Enzo, you can't imagine how hard it is being cooped up in here." 

"Uh...that's ok." Enzo half smiles, turning to Leo who was standing a few feet behind his brother.

"Ask him Enzo. Ask him how you do that and I can't." Leo calls, even scared to make eye contact with the tutor, in case Cameron gets lost again. 

"Yeah...how do I do that? You know, make you surface or whatever?" Enzo says, now looking back at Cameron.

Cameron gives a warm smile to Enzo "I see you all the time." 

"What does that mean?" Leo shouts from further back. His urge to push forward and face his tutor now outweighs anything else. 

Cameron now makes eye contact with Leo "Love...yourself...I...I don't...I don't see. Sssseee" The tutor's head begins to jerk erratically, the eyes circling, turning from brown to green intermittently. 

"Turn it off!" Leo shouts to Enzo, who hurriedly presses his palm against The PT's causing The PT to freeze. "Have we broken it?" Leo asks nervously. "Please don't tell me we've broken it." Leo pulls his hair with both his hands. 

"Uh, correction... I didn't break it. You broke it with your questions!" Enzo shouts back equally as panicked. 

"You and your stupid friend put an illegal download on it! This is all your fault!" Leo shouts, pushing Enzo back by his shoulders. 

"You didn't complain when it was doing your homework for you!" Enzo bites back. 

Leo tries to catch his breath once again. "Jojo...get Jojo here. He put on the download. Maybe he can fix it."