Chapter 26: Traces of the Past

And two for the price of one :). Above, a new character introduced in the chapter

The Tsahik woke up with a terrible headache. Her vision was blurry but she could see that she was not in the forest. The dull gray ceiling greeting her was enough to let her know she was in a tawtute place. She tried to stand up, but her aching body told her otherwise.

Voice: You better not ask too much of your body. You had a bad fall. Fortunately, there was no neurological damage.

She didn't think she would ever hear it again and that was the last thing she wanted.

Tsahik gritted her teeth: You...If I wasn't a prisoner of my body, I would cut off your jewelry, David!

At these words, the uniltiranyu seemed to lower her eyes and ears, as if hurt. She was happy to see that.

David: ,You will have to stay here for several days, at least; you had a bad fall, Niaka.

She hissed in anger.

Niaka: Don't call me by my name, demon!

Neutral David: You did it for me. Anyway...

He got up and walked away, looking sad. Although she hated him for what he did to her, Niaka couldn't help but wonder why he was so sad about her reaction. No matter. She would wait until he was asleep and kill him, before she escaped from here.

She closed her eyes and suddenly a song came to mind. It was not a song of the People, she was sure. It sounded like Sawtute lyrics. But why did it come to her mind? She managed to close her eyes, though.

Tsuwokan's point of view

My father? Here?! The thought of it made my blood run cold. Surely he had changed his mind about my leaving and had come to look for me. I couldn't imagine what he would think of my new life, being a narrow-minded capitalist. As I knew him, he had to hire an army of mercenaries to find me and force me to return. It was out of the question! I had never been so happy in my life! I would not let him ruin that, for his phony future plan!
I had to leave Tyhu, not wanting to involve him in this. Of course, my love was worried about me, considering what she knew about him.

However, my main problem was Nienna's disappearance. I had to find her! Suddenly, I heard a noise coming from behind me. Cautiously, I moved forward and suddenly heard a "tick" and a holographic figure appeared in front of me.

Silhouette: Hello, Johnsy.

I was confused. It seemed like forever since someone had called me by my human name. Especially in such an intimate way. Only my mother and guardian called me that.

Me: Do we know each other?

A long silence came. I tried to get a visual of his face, despite the crackling. A vain effort, since she had taken care to hide her face. Nevertheless, it was a woman, I was sure!

Silhouette: Nienna is fine.

Me, suspicious: How do you know?

Silhouette: Because I was the one who took her.

I clenched my fists in rage and stared at the figure, holding back.

Me: Where is she?

Silhouette: Be careful, Johnsy.

With that, she disappeared and the device shut down, running out of battery. Who was this figure? It seemed to know me. With these questions, I started to look for my sister again.

I continued my search, without failing. I didn't know how much time had passed, but I wouldn't back down. Suddenly, she appeared, coming from between two trees.