Chapter 41: Pel'tan

Here is an image of this character x)

I continued my way, towards the chief and his shaman. The two seemed to be talking with a young man, to whom there was a lost eye. His hair was long and braided, and his eyes were an intense dark blue. He seemed, sad and depressed.

Nelyo Poinr of View

Then I looked at the two leaders looking at me intently, seeming more intrigued than hostile. Why?

Leader: Who are you?

Me: My name is Nelyo

Chief: Why do you have clothes of the Sky People?

Me: I was raised by a human.

At this word, some people looked at him indignantly.

Tsahik: So you don't know the one who gave you life?

Me: Unfortunately, no.

Girl: She has his eyes, Tsahik.

Tsahik: I know that.

I did my best to control myself. But I had a lot of questions; first, who was she?

The chief and the Tsahik continued their silent inspections, making me more and more uncomfortable.

Olo'eyktan: You have Delya's look. Are you related to her?

I remained silent, hearing this name. Was it my mother?

Me: I don't know.

The two of them looked at each other in silence, consulting each other with their eyes. Then, they looked at me with lowered ears, looking sad.

After several anxious minutes, the chief finally spoke.

Olo'eyktan: What do you want?

Me; I don't know. I met this young woman on my wandering journey.

Olo'eyktan: I don't see any reason to stop you from staying here. If you want to.

Me: I don't see any inconvenience. If I don't mind.

Olo'eyktan: The clan paid a heavy price during the battle of the Tree of Souls. New blood would not be out of place.

At that moment, the woman who accompanied me, and I could see her intense blue eyes, scanned me in detail. What the hell did I do that they could look at me like that?

Then she walked away, without a word.

The son went towards me, looking hesitant at first.

Me with a smile: I don't bite.

Son: Sorry.

Me: My name is Nelyo. What's yours?

Son: Pel'tan.

Me: Are you in trouble?

Pel'tan sighed, looking depressed.

Pel'tan: It doesn't matter.

Me: Always say.

Pel'tan: What do you care?

I shrugged my shoulders.

Me: Getting to know each other. And I can see that it weighs on you.

Pel'tan: Let's say...That I'm not up to the task, of what is expected of me. I got hurt in my Iknimaya, as well as failing...And it didn't go over well.

Iknimaya? What was that? I took a chance and asked.

Me: What is it?

Pel'tan: It is the first test of becoming an adult. One must bond with an Ikran, to become a hunter.