Chapter 43: Love at first sight

Kendra Point of View

I was sitting, spending time with my little stingbat who squealed with joy, flying around me, before landing on my shoulder.

I smiled, tenderized, before offering him a small piece of meat that he devoured with appetite.

Naltsyn: He adopted you as his mother, it seems.

Me: Yes.

Reaper: I'm going to get sick, in front of so much mawkishness...

I preferred to ignore this remark. Suddenly, I felt a peak of activity within the clan. The cause was the arrival of two individuals, one of whom gave off a powerful aura, showing a connection with Eywa.

Naltsyn: A Tsahik! It's rare to see one, traveling! It must be important.

Me: I was wondering what.

Naltsyn: We'll see soon enough.

Syavyi continued to fly, under my watchful eye. It was then that I heard the voices, below.

Olo'eyktan: What is the value of your visit?

Tsahik: Rest and also... To see if a woman of your clan would be worthy, to succeed me. Since the battle of the Tree of Souls, the number of candidates has been reduced, within our tribe.

Me: I don't know if I'll like what that means...

Naltsyn: There's a chance you'll be chosen, Kendra.

Me: Great....

Reaper: You're going to have to get used to the shaman outfit!

I didn't like her mocking tone.

Me: Since I'm you, it involves you too.

Reaper: Yeah...but I'm not the one who's going to have the pressure of rank!

Me: You like to be in the background, when it suits you! You always do!

Olo'eyktan: And you think we had the woman you want?

Tsahik: Maybe...

Son: It's.... Let's say.... A hope we have.... And also... It could possibly allow our clans to come together.

Olo'eyktan: Hmmm...Indeed. But... I don't think we have that woman.

His wife didn't seem to agree, from what I could feel. Oh no...not me!

Naltsyn: Maybe it's not you.

Me: Yeah. There aren't many women in the clan who can sense auras. I think I am the only one!

Suddenly, I felt a presence approaching. It seemed...strangely sweet and bitter. I wondered why.

Anyway, I'll go practice my voice. Mother had always said that my voice was made for singing.

Musician: Katxi ma Tsany.

He smiled at me and answered quickly

Me: Kaltxi. Am I disturbing you?

Musician: Of course not. Why is that?

Me: I would like to practice my voice. They told me I had a beautiful voice.

I immediately felt curiosity on their part, and I could understand them. I had not shown any sign of this talent before.

Musician: No problem. We're curious to hear you

I bowed my head and we got into position. Me in the middle and them around. The music started to reach me and I let it rock me, starting to sing. It was so harmonious and I let my voice sing the words that came to me, without hesitation. It was as if the music had taken over my body, to express itself. At that moment, I felt the bitter sweet presence coming back.