Chapter 37: Two sister blades

Here is the continuation, after the great revelation of the previous chapter x).

The next day,

Nilya had returned to the Tawkami clan, in order to be healed. Her condition could not allow a trip to the Menariyä and Misoka's host clan was the closest.

While the Tsahik nursed her, with a worried Kiyamek, the agent preferred to isolate himself to reflect on the latest events.

Since he had learned that he was going to become a father, the ghost of his own never stopped haunting his thoughts. And more and more, as Talyin's pregnancy progressed, it kept gaining in importance.

Now that he had found this father, he didn't know what to think. He had hoped to find peace. Sure, he found some, but now it was also regrets and questions.

Talyin: Are you okay, honey?

Misoka: I wish I could say yes. But I would be lying to you.

Talyin: What happened?

From the tone of her voice he could sense the concern and he could understand. And he didn't feel able to hide it from her.

Misoka: I found out who my father was

She was shocked at first, putting her hand to her mouth, before smiling.

Tal'yin: Really?

He nodded his head.

Tal'yin: That's wonderful! Who is that?

Misoka: That's the problem.

Tal'yin: What do you mean?

He huffed, searching for words, before speaking.

Misoka: It's Tsylan.

Tal'yin: Wait...You mean...The Tsahik of the Menariyä?

Misoka: Yes.

Ta'lyin: But...how is that possible? He's barely twenty years old!

Misoka: Avatars tend to make us younger. We can always do some tests, if not.

Tal'yin: I'd prefer that, if it doesn't bother.

Misoka: As you wish.

Ta'lyin: There is something else, isn't there?

He sighed, closing his eyes.

Misoka: Yes.

Ta'lyin: What is it?

Misoka: I've often told you about Kendra.

Tal'yin: Your human friend?

Misoka: Yes. You have to keep it a secret. It is important.

Tal'yin: You have my word.

Later,

Kiyamek watched Nilya being treated by the Tsahik, with concern. Fortunately, his adoptive mother reassured him with a nod and a smile.

Tsahik: She will just need some rest.

Kiyamek: Thank you, Mother.

With that, she walked away, leaving the two alone. Nilya woke up slowly, revealing her emerald green eyes

Kiyamek: Are you okay?

Nilya: As well as a tortured person...

Kiyamek: No one will hurt you anymore, I promise.

As soon as he finished, Pel'say arrived. His face showed anger and concern.

Pel'say: Are you okay, big sister?