Chapter 5.

She slowly blink awake in the warm light of the autumn morning, slanting through her bedroom window. Reciting her morning supplications, she got off her bed and ambled into her bathroom to carry out her morning routine before breakfast.

After she was done with everything, she stepped out of her room to get her breakfast. It has been more than two weeks since the incident between her and Ahmad happened but she still had a sore face all thanks to him. She hissed softly and continued walking down the stairs.

To her awe, she encountered with her mother and her sisters, including her older sister Safiyah in the living room talking about God knows what. They all stopped talking when she appeared and gave her an uneasy look. She stared back at them in a state of agitation like she had grown wings. Hidayah cleared her throat and greeted Ummah and Safiyah. Ummah answered het, not having a readable expression on her face.

She shook her head, discarding the weird looks they're giving her and moved to the kitchen. The last thing she wanted was to have a commotion with any of them, especially him. She hissed, getting angry at herself for thinking about him all the time.

Why wouldn't I when the guy wanted to murder me, she thought. Hidayah scoffed, shaking her head. Why didn't she even fight back?

How would you fight with 6ft' well built Air Force officer that has been training for years, her conscious reminded her. She scoffed again, feeling sorry for the girl that would make a mistake of falling in love with him or to even think of getting married to him.

With the thought of him lingering in her mind, she finished making her breakfast and sauntered out of the kitchen after she had cleaned the mess she made. One thing about Hidayah everyone admired- she was a great cook and always loved to clean even if she wasn't the one that made the mess.

She walked back into the living room but to her dismay, she met him on the three seater watching tv. She glared at him without his acknowledgement and walked past him to the stairs. He gave a single glance and looked away. A smile sneaks out from the corner of his mouth. It was the first time he smiled that morning. He heard her faint voice muttering something that wasn't audible but he was sure she was referring to him and it wasn't something good. He shrugged his shoulders and focused back on the tv while he reminded himself they only had 11 days till the wedding.

Hidayah finished her breakfast and went to ummah's room but no one was there. She checked the other rooms, there was no sign of them. They have gone out without her again, she thought. It has been days that she never cared to count since her mother and siblings started going out together without her or at least inform her they were going out. Everything felt so weird by the way everyone was ignoring her especially her mother. On a normal day, ummah checks her room countless times to see if she was there, but now she couldn't remember the last time Ummah came to her room or even spoke to her. Are they really that angry with her? Or have they decided to start minding their business?

With a desolate feeling, she went back to her room and laid on her bed for few hours, doing nothing till it was time for zuhr prayers. After she had prayed, she went back to her bed but this time, with a book to read.

Hidayah didn't notice it was getting late for lunch till her stomach started growling. She heaved a sigh and tossed the book aside. Getting off the bed, she sauntered out of her room and descend down the stairs. She stepped foot into the kitchen same time he was coming out, almost bumping into her. She briskly shifted back. She steadied her breath and tried to calm the panic.

"Watch where you're going." His voice was rich and deep. He gave her cynical look before walking away without a back glance. His strong cologne was the escape hatch into her world of dreams. She swiftly shook her head and looked away from his retreating back before he turned and notice she was checking him out in his well fitted uniform that looked so appealing on him. She had never came across someone that looked good in Air Force uniform like him. "What?!" She murmured, scolding herself for actually admiring him.