Chapter 6.

Hot torrents of grief coursed down her face. The panic grows stronger into the evening as her mental faculties give way to emotions. She wanted to jump right out of her skin and join the ether. She felt just like a child again, shaking, terrified. The constricted feelings grow, as if she was strangled by just the air about her.

"There's no way you can do this to me. This can never happen to me... NO! I will never marry him. I hate him, Ummah. I hate him.... he's planing to ruin my life, to torture me.... and I will NEVER let that happen!" Hidayah continued screaming, her veil and bun long disappeared, leaving her with a messy hair.

"Let's see how you'll stop this wedding from happening tomorrow and you better behave yourself tomorrow because I will not take any foolish act from you, Hidayah...."

Without listening to what Ummah was telling her, she scrambled up and bolted out of the room. She ran down the stairs, to his room and barged in, same time he was unbuttoning his shirt.

Her pulse sped up and she was breathing very shallow. Ahmad took a glimpse at her and still went ahead to remove his shirt, leaving him with his khaki pants and singlet. It made her more infuriated when he didn't show any anger by the way she barged in.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Are you out of your mind? Who told you that I will ever in my wildest dreams have the desire to marry a horrible person like you...."

A smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he checked her out. She had no veil on. Her face was smudge with tears and mascara. She was red by the way she was yelling nonstop. Gorgeous.

"If you dare let this wedding hold, by Allah I'll be your worst nightmare and you'll regret ever having the thought of marrying me, Hidayatu Abubakar Rimi!"

Ahmad's small crimson lips parted into an O shape. He gave her a knowing look before he shrugged his shoulders and turned away. "Please if you're done, kindly close the door when you're leaving." His voice was so calm, yet husky. He had the type of voice that would have you doing as he said even when he's being polite.

Her breath caught as she stared at him in disbelief. She knew if it was on a normal day, he would've started hitting her or at least fired back with more hurtful words but he was so calm and it irritated her more.

He ambled towards his bathroom, towel in hand, leaving her there standing as she fumed with anger.

Her hands on her head as she wailed in agony. She marched to ummah's as there was no way she would let that happened to her.

She collapsed on the floor, dejected, swollen with emotions and realizations of her fate.

"Yes, he has a very important course to attend to next week and he won't be back anytime soon that's why we have to move the wedding to tomorrow. I know, I really apologize for the short notice. Okay.... do inform everyone please, I'll try reaching the others." Ummah continued with the phone calls.

Hidayah stared at her mother in disbelief. Her own mother would do that to her? The emotion washed over her like a tidal wave. She scrambled to her feet and dashed out of the Ummah's room to hers.

With trembling hands, she fetched her phone and called the only person that listens to her, Ummah's immediate younger sister. "Aunty Umaymah.... they want to ruin my life. Ummah doesn't love me anymore. Aunty Umaymah, I don't want to marry him, I don't love him...." her body wracked with an onslaught of sobs and tears.