Mine Forever

Naina

The clouds rumbled outside, raindrops pelted across the panes! Inside it was total silence, the room spelled of doom, it was all dark. The curtains were the unusual colour of maroon coupled with black. The large desk, chairs and even the rug on the floor were the darkest of black. It was the same colour of the devil's soul who was seated behind the large desk smoking into the air while I stood in front of him shedding tears of despair.

Naina: I cant do it anymore

Sameer: what? What cant you do anymore Naina?

Naina: you know already what I am talking about, this sham of an engagement, all this drama, I cant, I mean I know you are doing this all to keep your grandfather happy but its all very....

Sameer: very what?

This time he literally barked at me, and when my eyes met his I could see the storm looming behind those dark irises. Yet his face, I couldn't but place my finger on it, something was not right. Something was not off! And when I peered closer I saw that he was smiling, though his eyes were dead. He was smirking his famous smirk. The same one, which had made me fall in love with this devil. Yet I knew his heart was all dark. He was never to be mine yet why? Why did I always feel the pull?!

I averted my eyes from his since I knew the more I stared into those dark irises, the more would I be pulled into the abyss!

Sameer: so you were saying...continue, what is it that is so difficult for you or is it your darling fiancé Sharad, did that cartoon dissuade you from continuing further?

This time he snarled his query

Naina: no! its not him, its me! I cant keep up with all of this. I know he is terminally ill and I genuinely care for him but then doing all of this, its like we are cheating him. His love is palpable. I can feel it every time he looks at me and all the hope in those eyes seeing us together as a couple! It makes me feel conscious and also the feeling that I am cheating him, that I am lying to him eats at my conscience. That all of this is nothing but a lie all a drama! If he knew, it would break his heart and i....i cant do it!

Sameer: fine!

Naina

This time I was surprised and that fine made me look at him which I wanted to avoid at all costs but the fact that he said yes surprised me. I had thought that he would fight me and even threaten me and also Sharad. Him threatening sharad wouldn't have effected me an ounce rather I would have enjoyed it. Sharad's very name made my skin crawl. I despised that man!

Naina: are you serious

Sameer: do you see me joking? Fine..i said, you don't have to do it anynmore. I will handle but

Naina: but what?

Sameer: the family is due for a picnic this weekend at the farmhouse and you and I are supposed to be present there. Its arranged in our honor so this one last time you would have to do the honors and then and there I would make it known about our arrangement and you are free after that.

Naina: but... but...then

Sameer: now what?

Naina: wouldn't that break their hearts, they have been looking forward to the wedding...I mean then

Sameer: so what are you implying? Get married?

Naina: nooo!

Sameer: then I guess, your problem is solved and now you are free to go

With that he beckoned with his eyes for me to leave and I turned around only to stay forever......