Culmination of Dreams

6months later.....

Sameer

The venue looked stunning, with the orchids in place and the chandeliers glinting off in royal glory, it was all a vision. We had the venue booked some 3 months back. The taj hotel banquet, after all it is quite a special day so everything had to be done in advance and everything had to be extra special. The orchids were my beautiful wife's idea. While the event manager wanted it all white and ivory but she stood her ground with unusual pastel tones alternating every white orchid with a lilac or pink one to add that dash of colour as she had winked at me. I remember smiling at her choice. And I also remember the event manager almost having a heart attack but I guess a glare from my end was ok to set him straight. He never opened his mouth to give his precious opinion after that. There at the very far end, we had a stage set up and now I could see all these people hustling and bustling over the mic. They were busy fidgeting with the innumerable wires all over the places while they checked on whether it worked or not. I remember being in this same moment and being excited about an impending proposal on this given day a few years back. Yes its Naanu's birthday again and this time I am excited as well but there is a calm in my life which serenades with serenity and order. Thank god for that deceit that I had to face at the hands of Sunaina all those years back or else instead of the smile, my face would have been criss crossed with all sorts of worry lines. The snake ditched me and I was saved for good. Well talking about the snake, well a lot had transpired in these last six months. After our extended honeymoon, well when I say extended I mean it it stretched on to for a month. Yes, well what is my fault if I just couldn't get enough of my wife, hence I decided that we needed more time. As there had been time constraint and even after threatening my travel desk executive he couldn't arrange for the Shengan Visa, since I planned to take her to Europe, we settled for Fiji instead. Blue water, clear skies and golden sand. It was all so magical. The best part was the scuba diving, I remember Naina was skeptical in the beginning and rather she suggested that she would wait at the shore but I insisted. She still wouldn't budge, but the negotiator in me reared its head and I could finally convince her, well I had my ways, some love making, some cajoling and then she was game. She could see the turtles swimming right under our nose. Even the sea horses, they all looked so tiny yet glided by us while the little clown fishes played hide seek. Well it turned out to be a disadvantage that we couldn't go to Europe, though I could get my fill of my wife in a swimsuit but I didn't enjoy a bit when the others eyed her. In my lame attempt to cover her with some shawl and even a bed cover on one occasion made her burst into peels of laughter. I could tell that she was enjoying my antics, never mind I had my revenge later in our room, a sweet revenge. I cant stop smiling at my own thoughts, so, like I think I might have wavered a bit from the topic, I was talking about the snake, well after we returned from our honeymoon, we could sense the tension in Hissville, by Hissville I mean the paradise of rohan and the snake. Well my mother looked haggard and the ever so calm Somani couldn't wipe that permanent scowl off his face. My naanu though he felt bad for his own daughter but I could see that he was happy that the snakes and the vipers were unsettled. I had even asked him about his feelings, the conversation that day is still crystal in my mind.

Sameer: naanu

Jaiprakash: haan beta bol

Sameer: subah se aap chup hain, I know mom upset hain, Sunaina aur Rohan ka jo bhi issue hain usko leke but maine notice kiya yeh aap jab bhi Somani ki taraf dekhte hain toh you are kind of smug, as if you are happy that he is going through whatever that he is experiencing. Is it my imagination or ...?

Jaiprakash: the truth, not your imagination, I am happy that he is going through this hell and feeling sad for your mother since she is my daughter and she has to go through this mess. Afterall she is my daughter but that man deserves every bit of the trouble.