FOREVER PART I

Forever PART I

Sameer

I stared at her for a good 10 minutes. Was she telling me what I was actually hearing or was is it my mind playing games? My naina is pregnant!

Naina

He had gone absolutely silent and he just kept staring at me. It scared me, is he not happy? All the while he kept prodding me for a baby and now when I break the news he just looked so still.

Naina: you are scaring me Sameer! Kuch bolo, are you not happy?

As If my question jarred him out of the reverie that he was in and he simply sprinted up and on his feet while he pulled me to himself. This time when he looked at me, he smiled, the brightest of smiles. He held my face in his palms and looked me straight into my eyes.

Sameer: happy?! You think I should be happy?

I simply nodded at his enquiry

Sameer: I am more than happy, I am elated! You have no clue how I feel at this moment baby! My baby! You are carrying my child inside you. The very thought that a part of me is growing within you makes me love you more. Now Mrs Maheshwari how long have you known?

With that he pulled me closer in an intimate hug while he caressed my hair and kissed my head

Naina: not long just a week, you remember that episode of food poisoning! Turns out it is morning sickness. But the way you had screamed at me for eating rubbish remember?

Sameer chuckled at the memory not so long back.

Just a week ago, at the office, Naina had felt particularly ill at ease. I remember, her dashing across from her cabin to the restrooms more than once. And how I had cribbed at her, especially the nonsensical food choices she often made and off late, I mean, in the past two three weeks I had noticed her inclination towards Junk had all but increased. I had caught her innumerable number of times eating pickles and even tamarind. I now understood all of it was because my little one had already ensconced herself within her womb.

Naina: has kya rahein ho, how you had bellowed at me in front all the office staff. You had literally left me in tears.

Sameer: but that worked right, you scurried off to see the doctor and see we got to know our little angel is coming.

Naina: but still you shouldn't have shouted at me like you did in front of your colleagues

Sameer: ah! Acha! And what about how I had made up for my folly when I came back home?

I blushed at the memory, as usual the great Sameer Maheshwari had ways to get around me.

I had been reduced to tears in the car while I made my way to the doctor. It was only when the doctor told me that I was expecting after asking me a flurry of questions and examining me closely, I got my smile back. Bt I had not forgiven Sameer Maheshwari for what he had done to me in front of his colleagues. But then like I said he had his ways to get around and hence he did. Though I sat at the couch with a grumpy face when he waltzed in, he arrived with the most charming smile and carrying a bouquet of pink rose as tall as him. I kept budging his attempts while he followed me around the house while I went about delegating work to the servants and giving Naanu his medications. Naanu could tell that we were bickering and he had laughed at Sameer for the same. He enjoyed seeing our bickering and often he would take sides, mostly mine. So I continued ignoring him until dinner while he pouted, played footsie under the table, that made my breath hitch a bit but I held on to the composure. But back in the room, like they say in the lions den, I was all alone. So with trepidation I had stalled going back to the room. I kept myself busy with various chores and even helping Ramdhari wrap up things in the kitchen while he kept on imploring me to leave. But I knew it was the safe haven and now that the lion had been teased and tested and his nerves must be hanging by a thread, so I knew whatever he was planning now, he would have his way. I had noticed him staring down at me from the corridor while I worked at the kitchen after dinner. Yet I knew I had to face the music but I was determined not to give in easily and hence with strong reserve I climbed up the stairs and walked into my room, while he sat at the bed enraptured into his laptop. He didn't even bother looking up when I put the latch on the door and proceeded towards the washroom to change. I could see the flowers were parked in the corner of my room. Once within the safe vestiges of the bathroom, I had smiled at the mirror, he didn't know the news yet and at the moment I had planned at once to break it to him on Naanu's Birthday. The memories to the day had scarred him the past and now I wanted him to have new memories, memories confining to our love, memories that were good! When I had stepped out, the lights had been dimmed and there were candles lit all across the room. I immediately went on guard but then I felt his arms go around my waist pulling me close while he nuzzled into my neck.