New encounters

A/n: ...

-New encounters-

  I had been walking around the halls for around an hour before I came across the brown-haired kid again. He was searching alone, which surprised me. I expected him to be with Maizono. I had seen them talking earlier in the gym.

  I sat aside my discomfort and walked over to the boy. He was staring at the incinerator, which was odd, but I paid no mind.

  "Hi." I said, causing him to spin around.

  "Oh, um hi!" He said with a genuine smile.

  "I didn't get to introduce myself earlier. My name's Y/n." I spoke the words as best as I could.

  "My name's Makoto Naegi. Out of curiosity, what's your talent Y/n?" He was obviously comfortable despite the situation.

  "My talent? I'm good at calligraphy and writing. There are so many better talents. Mine won't be very useful if what the headmasters said is true." I admitted.

  Makoto laughed a little. "I won a chance here out of luck. I don't have any sort of talent!"

  I laughed as well, his calmness seeming to have an effect on me.

   "Oh come on. It can't be that bad."

  "I guess not..." He paused. "Wanna walk together?"

  I didn't know how to respond. I took a few seconds before giving my answer. "Why not?"

  After a few seconds had passed I decided to change the subject. "You know, I was kinda expecting you to be walking with Maizono. You seem to know each other."

  "Well, we used to go to the same school. I wanted to walk with her, but she said she wanted to go to her dorm. She was super upset about everything Monokuma said." He stated.

  "Who wouldn't be upset? It's unsettling."

Makoto shrugged. "I'm with you, but all of this is too cruel to just be some trick."

  I didn't respond. I wanted reassurance. I wanted someone to reveal the game was only a lie. Of course, that was me being hopeful.

  I sighed as we continued to follow the winding halls. I spent another hour with the boy, but most of that time was in silence.

  "I think I'm gonna go to my dorm. It was nice talking to you though."

  Makoto nodded. "It is getting pretty late. Well anyway, I'll talk to you later alright?"

  With a nod I left the boy standing alone in the halls.

...

  I opened the door to my room, walking inside.

Upon entering I could see the large space. A bed, dressers, and a bathroom. Like all the other rooms in the school, the windows here were covered as well.

  With a sigh, I flipped the lock on the door. I then walked to my bed, throwing myself onto it. I was too lazy, no, tiered to look around or open any of the drawers.

  There was a monitor and camera in the right corner. If it was a normal school I would've believed it to be a tv.

  "Kinda odd that there's a camera in here...guess the word privacy doesn't exist in this school." I complained to myself.

  I was tempted to flip off the camera, knowing Monokuma had to be watching. I decided against it. "Not really in the mood to die." I thought with a smirk.

  The light on the camera flashed as it adjusted its positioning.

  "Yep...watching." I said with another sigh. I stared at the camera for several seconds, having nothing better to do.

  "Hey, Y/n!" The disturbingly cheerful voice caused me to jump. I spun around to see Monokuma leaning against the door to my room. He smiled as soon as I turned, walking over to stand next to my bed.

  "Saw you staring at the cameras. Need my help with somthin'?" His smile transformed into a smirk similar to the one I wore moments ago.

  My eyes widened in both confusion and fear. The headmaster sighed, rolling his eyes.

  "So you act like you wanna talk and then just sit there? I was at least expecting questions, but not even that? No complaints about the room? No crying? No despair-ridden expression of utter torture?!" He placed his hand under my chin, forcing me to look up.

  "Upupupupupu~ believe me Y/n! That soon shall change." His crazed expression lingered for a moment before he spun around. "Now, I'll have you know I'm a very busy person! I am the headmaster after all! Try not to waste my time, m'kay?"

  The boy turned to me with a smile before skipping out the door.

  "That was...odd..." I muttered to myself.

  Standing, I walked back over to the door and locked it. Out of paranoia, I turned the knob, checking to make sure it was locked. I then waited a few seconds to make sure he was gone.

  "I should probably shower before the water's turned off..." I thought to myself. Walking to the dresser, I discovered multiple sets of folded clothes. They all seemed to be my size, with a few matching what I wore now.

  I picked out a pair of shorts and a f/c t-shirt. I then made my way to the bathroom. I was happy to discover there was a lock.

I went about the rest of my night, trying to ignore the fear still lingering in the back of my mind.

A/n: Short chapter- Naegi and Monokuma, Y/n got to spend time with both today. Good for her.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. You're probably questioning me at this point, but don't worry! I have plans, I swear.

Apologies for taking so long to update. I've been busy, along with getting wrapped up with a new series. Of course I have to go and watch something new after finally posting for Danganronpa! But hey- maybe I can eventually write for that? I have a few oneshots down for a certain character, so we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, have a good rest of your day/night! Feel free to point out any mistakes and I will be sure to fix them!

Words count: 1023
(Including A/n)