Broken Rules

A/n: I decided to post two. Because the last chapter was petty boring comparatively.

-Broken Rules-

And there I found myself- in the cafeteria. I had spent most of my night crying into a pillow. My death was now certain. I knew Monokuma wasn't humane enough to spare me.

I ran a hand through my messy hair. I hadn't cared enough to fix it this morning. Everyone else would probably understand why.

A tapping sound from in front of me. I glanced up to see Togami's judging gaze. I ignored whatever rude comment he decided to make, returning to my thoughts.

Ishimaru then banged a spoon against the table. "It's fifteen minutes past. Where is Maizono?" He shouted to everyone. "Has anyone seen her?"

Murmurs spread across the room. Asahina quickly stood. "We need to go look for her! What if she's hurt?"

Everyone agreed, leaving the room to look for the girl.

I found myself alone, keeping a steady pace as I walked. I knew it wasn't smart to stay by myself, on account of the predicament I now found myself in, but I didn't care. If I was going to die, why not get it over with?

The thought then hit me to venture into Makoto's room. It would make sense for her to be in there, after all, they had switched. The optimism in me began to show as I hoped she had just overslept.

I soon found myself in front of his door, the cold handle tight in my grasp. I threw the door open to see the room was trashed. There were slash marks everywhere and things upturned.

I rushed over to the bathroom, seeing a small trail of blood. The knob had been knocked off, the door cracked open. I slowly pushed it the full way.

My eyes widened. Maizono's dead body was spread out before me. Blood splattered the floor and walls- a knife still lodged in her chest. The sight of it made me sick. I could feel my vision beginning to blur. My head felt light, and my weight shifted backward.

I was caught by someone standing behind me. Their arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I couldn't help but feel comforted by their warmth.

"It'll be okay dear Y/n. You needn't worry. This is no longer a reality you need to fear."

The soft voice of Monokuma.

...

Everything had happened so fast. The class of students now gathered in the gym for instructions. This was the first death of many we would face. Despite this, it all felt surreal.

It had taken me a while to regain consciousness. By the time I had, news had spread of Maizono's death. Despite this, I was still the first one in the gym. I had woken on the floor. Monokuma, sitting on the stage, had stared down at me in contempt. I had glared at him in response, only causing the boy to laugh.

Now the gathered students faced the stage where Monokuma stood leaning against his podium. With a small laugh, he turned the microphone to face him. A loud screech came from the object while it spun.

"You know it's amazing when your students actually listen to you! I told you it was possible- that someone would pull the trigger! But here we are...a meeting to make sure you all are back to reality. And of course to re-explain the rules-" Monokuma sighed. "Speaking of, I will need to see Makoto Naegi after this little get together." The boy then burst out laughing, stopping abruptly seconds later.