A New Found Twist

A/n: ...why do I have the format this way?

-A New Found Twist-

I found myself in my room. I felt exhausted, my eyes swollen from crying. 'Monokuma must be enjoying this.' I thought to myself.

I heard a knock on the door and forced myself to get up. I opened it to see Makoto.

"Hi, Y/n. Sorry to bother you, but I didn't know who else to come to." He took a breath. "I'm worried about Maizono. She seemed really upset after the motives, more than everyone else. She keeps talking about how she has to get out of the school, and it's kinda worrying me. Do you think you can come by tonight and help me calm her down? I just wanna make sure she's ok." He stated.

I nodded. "Of course, I'll be glad to help. I'm guessing you want me to come after dinner? Oh, and tell everyone I probably won't be there. I'm worked up, I don't feel like eating." I smiled wryly.

"I'll be sure to let everyone know. Thank you so much for your help." He said, smiling back.

"Is that all you needed?"

"Oh, um, yeah. I should probably go then. Talk to you later." And with that, he left.

I closed the door, then flopped back down onto my bed. I closed my eyes with a sigh. Without trying, I slowly drifted off into sleep.

...

I woke up to see two hours had passed. It was around the time dinner was supposed to start. I decided to shower while I waited for it to end.

By the time I was getting ready it was 8:32. Dinner should have been wrapping up by that point, so I quickly put on my shoes and headed toward the door. Sure enough, it swung open before I could grab the knob.

"Heya Y/n!" Monokuma greeted before stepping into my room. The chipper smile was present on his face.

"Why are you here?" I grumbled, not wanting to talk to him.

"I just wanna talk is all..." A more serious expression replaced his smile.

"I'm sorry about everything. I really didn't wanna hurt you last night, it was an accident. It's been forever since I've lost control of myself like that. As for the motive, I wouldn't have given it to you unless I had to." His voice was almost sincere. "Will you forgive me?"

"How can I forgive you?! Look, Monokuma, I don't want to spend time with you! What don't you get about that?! Besides, I already promised to help Naegi with Maizono. It's not like I can just sit here and talk!" I shouted.

He glared at me. "Why have you been spending so much time with Makoto? I don't get it!" I could hear a low growl as he said the words.

"Because he's a good person! Because he's nice, and caring, and isn't forcing us to kill each other!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"He is huh? Well then, I guess you want me to be more like him then?" A smirk began to form on his face.

"I want you to leave me alone." I spat. Monokuma laughed.

"Upupupu~ Then I'll do exactly that!" He paused, his tone calming. "Oh, and don't go into Makoto's room. The two of them are in Maizono's." And with that, Monokuma turned back out the door.

I let out a sigh, surprised I managed to get through the conversation without letting fear overtake me.

I waited a few moments before venturing into the hall. I made my way to Maizono's room, which wasn't very far.

I knocked on its hard surface and Naegi soon answered.

"I came as you said, but Monokuma told me you were both in here." I said, smiling.

Makoto laughed awkwardly. "I actually already talked to her, sorry 'bout that. She wanted to switch rooms, so I'll be in here tonight."

I frowned. "Oh, sorry. I'll go then."

"Stay!" He said a little too quickly. "I mean...I asked you to come all this way, the least we can do is talk.

I nodded curtly, following him into the borrowed room.

Maizono's room was similar to my own. I walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge. Makoto followed me, though sat further away.

I couldn't help but smile, knowing that this was the safest place I could be. The happiest I could be.

Makoto began to speak but was cut off by the sound of the monitor cutting on. There he sat, the annoying bear child obsessed with making our lives miserable.

"It seems that this game of mine has an uneven number! I've counted, and counted, and recounted, but I always come to the conclusion of seventeen!" His voice rang through the room.

"The only way to fix this little predicament is taking a kid out! I've decided to have a drawing! The person I pull won't be participating in this game! None of you can kill them, and they can't kill!" Monokuma shouted.

"Wait a second. Before you get your hopes up. Whoever this person is, will instead- a drumroll would be nice..." The boy paused. "Be myyyyyy prey!!! So whoever this unlucky person is won't live to see the light of day after this little game is over! I get to kill them!"

I felt a knot form in my stomach. I didn't have a good feeling about this so-called drawing.

Monokuma held up a hat, a smile engulfing his face. "And the unlucky person is..." He paused, laughing slightly. "Y/n L/n!!! Better watch your back sweetheart, I can snap at any time! Now all of you should be getting to bed. Hope you sleep well knowing any of you could die tonight!" And with that, the monitor snapped off.

My body shuddered. I tried to hold back my newly gathered tears, but they all came flowing out. 'I couldn't believe this was happening!' That of course, was a lie.

Makoto scooted closer,wrapping his arms around me in a warm embrace.

"It'll be okay. I'm sure things will work out. If we can find a way to beat the game, you'll be safe."

I broke from his arms. "I can't stay here right now. I need to go. I have to be alone."

"O-okay." Makoto stammered. And with that, I rushed down the hall and back into my lonely bedroom.

A/n: Haha. I hope this didn't sound sloppy. A lot of words for a little to go on.

Hope you enjoyed another chapter! Have a good rest of your day/night!

Word: 1109