The Prophecy Of Dusk Darking

Crystal was walking to her house, minding her own business. She then saw her three friends, Lemon Lime, Ribbon Dance, and Starry Skies approaching her] 

Starry Skies: There you are, Crystal! Cresent Moon is having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?

Crystal: [Politely declining the invitation] Oh, sorry, girls... I've got a lot of studying to catch up on! [She smiles awkwardly before running off]

Starry Skies: [Sighs as she watches Crystal run off] Does that kitty do anything except study? I think she's more interested in books than friends. [She, Lemon Lime, and Ribbon Dance all walk away]

[Cut to Crystal running to her house in Alloria]

Crystal: I know I've heard of the Elements of Harmony. [Two mobians greet Crystal, but she just runs past them, not even acknowledging them. Crystal runs into her house. There we see an orange bee flying gleefully while carrying a red gift box. He then gets hit by the door opening, knocking him back and crushing the gift]

Charmy: Ow!

Crystal: Charmy! Char-army! [She sees Charmy on the floor] Charmy?

Charmy: [Groans]

Crystal: There you are. Quick, find me that old copy of Predictions and Prophecies! [Sees the gift box in Charmy's hands] What's that for?

Charmy: Well, it was a gift for Cresent Moon, but...

Crystal: [While shuffling through books] Oh, Charmy, you know we don't have time for that sort of thing.

Charmy: But we're on a break!

Crystal: [She sees a book on the floor, and uses her magic to pick it up] No, no, no... no, no, no! Charmy!

Charmy: [He finds the Predictions and Prophecies book] It's over here! [Crystal uses her magic to pull the book from Charmy, causing the bee to fall off the ladder he was on]

Crystal: Ah! [She starts flipping through the pages of the book] Elements, Elements, E, E, E... Aha! Elements of Harmony, see: Mare in the Moon?

Charmy: Mare in the Moon? But that's just an old tale.

Crystal: Mare, mare... [Finds the section] aha! [Starts reading the book out loud] The Mare in the Moon, myth from olden times. A powerful queen who wanted to rule Mobius, defeated by the Elements of Harmony and imprisoned in the moon. Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about nighttime eternal! [Gasps] Charmy! Do you know what this means?

Charmy: No!

Crystal: Take a note please, to the Princess.

Charmy: [He gets out a paper and pen] Okie dokie.

Crystal: [Telling Charmy what to write] My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of mobian and human magic have led me to discover that we are on the precipice of disaster!

Charmy: Hold on. [Tries to spell precipice] Preci... preci...

Crystal: Threshold.

Charmy: [Tries to spell Threshold] Threh...

Crystal: Uh, brink? [Charmy was still confused] Ugh, that something really bad is about to happen! For you see, the mythical Mare in the Moon is in fact Dusk Darking, and she's about to return to Mobius, and bring with her eternal night! Something must be done to make sure this terrible prophecy does not come true. I await your quick response. Your faithful student, Crystal Heartlight the Cat.

Charmy: [He finishes writing the letter] Cry... stal Hear... tlight the Cat! Got it!

Crystal: Great! Send it.

Charmy: Now?

Crystal: Of course!

Charmy: [Hesitant] Uh, I dunno, Crystal, Princess Sunshine's a little busy getting ready for the Summer Sun Celebration. And it's like, the day after tomorrow.

Crystal: That's just it, Charmy. [She looks up at the sun] The day after tomorrow is the thousandth year of the Summer Sun Celebration! It's imperative that the Princess is told right away!

Charmy: [Tries to spell Imperative] Impera... impera...

Crystal: Important!

Charmy: Whoa! [He sends the letter to Princess Sunshine] There, it's on its way. But I wouldn't hold your breath...

Crystal: Oh, I'm not worried, Charmy. The Princess trusts me completely. In all the years she's been my mentor she's never once doubted me.

Charmy: [The gets the letter back]

Crystal: See? I knew she would want to take immediate action.

Charmy: [Clears throat and starts reading the letter out loud] My dearest, most faithful student Crystal. You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely.

Crystal: [Sure of herself] Mm-hm!

Charmy: ...but you simply must stop reading those dusty old books!

Crystal: [LE GASP]