Chapter 24: Time for a new

"Y/N!!" Emma called out, tears pouring out of her eyes.

She tackled Y/n into a hug, and due to Y/n still being unbalanced, they toppled over. The others, surprised and worried, called out for Y/n.

But she laughed it off.

"It's alright, guys." Y/n smiled. "I know I made Emma worry... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. But I'm glad to see you're safe."

"But what about you?" a sobbing Emma exclaimed, sitting back up to check on Y/n's many injuries.

She had a huge wound on her stomach, a few scratches on her arms, and a bandaged up cheek. Emma felt a pang of sadness upon seeing her condition. It's almost as if Y/n wasn't careful at all.

"I'm fine, Emma." Y/n reassured, standing up wobbly. "So don't cry anymore. I really am okay now.

Emma stood up too, nodding and wiping her tears.

"Hey, sorry to cut this sweet moment short," said Oliver, confused. "But do you two know each other? How?"

Y/n, being the one who was more clear of the situation than Emma, started to explain her side of the story -

"Well, Emma and I grew up in the same farm. We were both captured and brought here, but left in different locations.

"When I woke up, I was surrounded by colorful cottages. And when the music started, I didn't understood what was going on. But I found a sign that said music, monsters and survive.

"I worked out what it meant pretty quickly, and decided that I could help others in trouble while looking for Emma. That plan worked out pretty well, and I met Gillian halfway.

"I hid my face and neck. The demons don't know where I'm from. I helped around 7 kids, I think you know one of them, Emma."

Emma thought hard, and recalled to when Gillian said 'saved Monica'. Then it hit her: Y/n saved Monica.

She began shaking.

She stopped when Y/n patted her shoulder.

"Well, a total of ten of us then," said Sonya. "We know the truth. And we've been caring for humans here. We survived this hunting ground for months... and some of us, for years."

"We're glad you're able to reunite," said Paula. "But we have more important things we need to discuss. Including the identities of you both." She pointed at Emma and Y/n.

"You start." said Violet, pointing at Y/n.

"I'm Y/n," she said. "I escaped Grace Field with my group."

"And I'm Emma," Emma continued. She then looked around at the others. "Um, are you all escapees, too?"

"No." came the immediate reply.

They pulled down the collar of their shirts to show numbers marked on their chests. "We were all shipped here." Oliver answered.

"Just like the other new-comers." Nigel went on.

"We're all from Grand Valley, a farm that is purveyor to Lord Bayon." Sonya finished with a sigh, zipping her jacket back up.

Grand Valley Farm, Y/n realized. That was mentioned in the materials in the shelter. One of the four top-class farms. It's different from Grace Field and Mister's Glory Bell.

But... purveyor Lord Bayon? How?

Oliver continued on with his explanation, "The children who were thrown in here are almost all from Grand Valley. It seems that Lord Bayon only has connections with this farm. Only you four, including you two, are from other farms."