Chapter 31: Reunited

With a blaring 'BANG!', Goldy Pond blew apart.

The already-torn building crashed to the ground, lamp posts twisted and collasped, dusting the entire playground with debris and smoke. What could be seen in the depths of each corner of this playground - were the stubborn, unmoving bodies of Nous, Nouma, Luce, Lord Bayon, and Grand Duke Leuvis. Soaked in red, their story would die away along this playground.

It's finished.

A long stretch of distance away from Goldy Pond, where the sun remained hidden behind a group of swaying trees - two figures hurtled away from a group of bellowing monsters.

"STAY WITH ME, KID," yelled Mister, glimpsing at the youngster behind him, whom was sprinting with all his might to keep up. "WE'RE NOT FAR NOW!!"

A tangerine ahoge bobbed up into view from Mister's back, unconscious and in critical condition. On Ray's back, laid another inert female - Y/n.

Ray hadn't been able to hear what Mister yelled out to him, he heard only his heart pumping furiously in his chest, Y/n's struggle to respirate, and the shrieks of the monsters quickly catching up on them. 'Hang in there, Y/n,' he desperately pleaded, 'Don't die on me... please!'

Further forward, he was almost sure he heard Mister cursing out at Emma: "Don't you have a family you need to get back to?! You want to know my name, don't you, so don't you dare die on me dammit!!"

Though exhausted and disoriented, both males had only one goal: to get Emma and Y/n back to the shelter.

Alive!

A pair of worried grey eyes found themselves, yet again, looking at the calendar anxiously. The calendar had been furiously ticked off, day by day, of how many days the group had been gone. How long has it been? Too long, and Gilda was getting impatient.

Thoma and Lani caught her staring, a frown delicately lacing her features. "It's already been 6 days since they left," they echoed, folding their arms together in a declaration sort of way.

"Have they already arrived at Goldy Pond?"

Jemima slumped onto her bottom dejectedly, "Are they okay?"

Chris displayed a small pout, "I'm sure they're fine..."

Gilda's mind had been clouded by her thoughts till the point the children's voices faded into a buzz in the background.

'Are they okay?' 'Had that man done something to them?' 'Should I go and try to find them?' 'It's almost a week...'

Those were all questions she wished had answers.

Then, there was a soft tap on the side of her head.

Gilda looked up, flinching - she was greeted with Don's anxious face. "It's written all over your face, Gilda," he pointed out.

"Don..."

Don cupped the side of his face, lowering his voice to a whisper, "I know you're worried, but if we're nervous, won't we make them all nervous too?" Gilda looked up with a jolt, even more so worried, though she had to admit, he was right.

"Well - yeah, sorry, thanks!"

Don assured her with a smile, and urged Nat over, grabbing his bow. "Nat! Let's get started on dinner."

The youngster looked over, frustration taking over his features, his prominent nose scrunching up with annoyance.

"Uh, alright."

Nat grabbed his bow and pulled on his jacket, mumbling to himself, unsatisfied. "Dinner... I wish we had bird. I'm getting sick of grubs and lizards... Oh, but what can we do..."