Chapter 27: Rematch

Calm down, Sandy told himself. Keep cool and kill him.

Just as he turned, Sonya by his side, having their weapons in hand, they found themselves face-to-face to a mourning Nous. The two froze in their spots, too stunned to move a muscle.

The demon had his sister in his arms, tears streaming down as he wailed loudly, his screams of despair filled the atmosphere -

"NOUMAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

The two children gawked at him. Nous took no notice of them, and only kept on wailing at the loss of his sister. The name 'Nouma' echoed through the woods, and as if time had slowed, Sandy felt a burning hatred bubbling up in him at the sight of Nous weeping -

What the hell?

You have no right!! He gritted his teeth. How dare you be so sad when you killed our family so joyfully?!

Sonya stared in front of her blankly, her mind just as blank.

From up in the trees, Violet had a pair of binoculars in her hands, of which she was using to look at the demon underneath them - her and Paula. Said female clicked her tongue irritably -

"We can't from here. We don't have a shot."

And so, the two girls silently lept down from their hiding spot in the trees, searching for a better spot for them to shoot Nous.

I'm not going to feel sorry for him, Sandy forced himself to think. I'm not going to hesitate. They quickly recovered, dashing to their assigned spots, getting ready to shoot when they were clear.

Nous raised Nouma's face up to his, staring at it with despair, tears still streaming out from his many eyes.

Sandy cocked his gun up to his left eye.

I'm going to finish this.

There was a loud growl, and Sandy felt his grip on his gun loosen, his wide eyes staring in front of him in terror -

Nous had opened his mouth wide and was shoving Nouma's corpse down his throat. Eating... He was eating Nouma...!!

All four children froze.

Nous's teeth sunk into Nouma's skull, blood oozed out. At the same time, her name still hung about the air. Sandy felt a cold shiver go up his spine as his lower jaw shook. "He's eating her?!"

Nous teared apart Nouma's face, chewing it with low growls and swallowing before repeating. Sandy forced himself to move, raising up his weapon again. He'd taken up too much time.

Sonya, who was beside him, quickly did the same. Violet and Paula had their way up another one of the trees, and this time, Violet reported, "Here. We have a good shot from here."

Don't waver. Don't hesitate. Don't be shocked. We've wasted enough time. Now's our only chance. Kill him!!

Nous raised his head, letting out a loud screech of Nouma's name yet again. Blood drooled out his mouth.

He raised his head! Paula cocked her sniper gun. Now!!

In a flash, she pulled the trigger, and set the bullet straight towards Nous. Unfortunately, Nous managed to catch sight of the bullet, and he dodged before it reached him. The tree behind him blew up once the bullet made contact.

Paula felt her breath hitch.

Angry little eyes darted to where Paula and Violet were. "Shit!" Violet cursed, feeling her blood go cold. "He knows our location!"