CHAPTER VIII | SEED OF HATRED.

The room was silent for a couple of minutes. Mom still had the phone in her hands next to her ear. The person on the other end of the line was still talking, I heard that dad was declared dead on arrival. The person kept calling the attention of mom but it was no use.

She stared blankly on the floor with her face showing no sort of emotion. It was pure plain and nothing. I thought that it was too much that she couldn't process it.

Fiercey was sitting beside the left-upper foot of the kitchen table, staring at mom. The clock kept ticking, it was the only sound in the room in those moments of silent. I looked at my room door and Elliot was peeking out anymore.

I walked towards the room and dashed through the wall to see Elliot sitting on the floor, back against the wall and curled up like a barrel. I heard whimpers and sobs as I looked down on her. The feeling that I thought I had forgotten a long time ago started to come back. The feeling of Grief.

Even though I already lived through this, it still hurt like a thousand needles being punctured into your heart slowly.

Why do I have to relive this? I thought. Out of all the memories we could have gotten back to, this has to be it. What's so special here? This was all because of Fiercey, we'll see. I said in my mind while staring down at crying Elliot.

Elliot tried to stand up. She balanced herself as she almost fell to her feet again. She slowly walked towards her bed and crashed onto it when she got close enough. She grabbed her pillow and buried her face on it while continuing to let out small sobs and whimpers.

I walked towards the door and phased through it to see what had happened outside the room.

Mom already hung up the phone and was sitting on the chair in the kitchen table with both palms of her hands on her face. Fiercey was up on the table lying down in front Mom's arms. I couldn't distinguish if mom was crying or what, but I had a feeling that she was silently.

A crackle of thunder boomed outside as the rain followed and poured heavily. It was already half-past 10 in the evening. Mom took her hands off her face and sat back on the chair and let out a deep sigh while scratching her head. She stood up and poured water into a cup and drank it with long and slow gulps. She let down the cup heavily on the kitchen sink and walked towards coat hanger and took hers.

She took the keys of the apartment and went straight to Elliot's room. I followed and phased through the door. The light shone through Elliot's dark room as she laid on her bed.

"Get up. I know you're awake." Mom said to Elliot while standing in the door. "Get your jacket and get Fiercey's box. Don't forget to lock the door. Be down in 10 or I'm leaving without you. If I leave without you, you're leaving before I get back, understood?" She asked.

Elliot turned her face off the pillow. "Why do we need to take Fiercey?" She asked lazily. "I don't think she'll be let in the hosp-"

"I asked if you understood or not." Mom cut her off. "If you leave without Fiercey, the same outcome will be if I leave without you. Get your ass up." Mom ordered. She walked away, opened the front door and slammed it shut.

Elliot groaned and sighed while sitting up on the bed. She slouched as she sat and wiped her face with her blanket. She stood up slowly, keeping balance and walked towards the door. She looked at the kitchen and saw Fiercey up on the table. She gave a look of disgust and anger towards the cat, as if it would understand what it meant.

She went to the living room and grabbed Fiercey's box. With it in her hands, she walked towards the kitchen table and placed it there. She first grabbed her coat from the coat hanger and put it on.