CHAPTER 12 | Witch? Oh Honey, Look At Me. I Am One.

"Ellie?" Grandma followed my question.

"Hello, mother, daughter. Seems like you've made it this far. Congratulations on getting through Fiercey." Mother praised us.

"What...? What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Oh, well I made Fiercey your first task when you got here. And so I sent here out to find and get you." Mom explained.

My temper ticked when she explained everything to us. Up until now she's still in my head. Up until now, she's still orchestrating and controlling on what happens and what I'll do. Even in my own head.

"What is wrong with you?" I muttered

She looked at me with a face not bothered at all with what we've gone through the past few days. Her eyes showing every amount of proudness on what she has done.

"You could've gotten us killed. Brandon, me, Grandma!" I yelled at her.

"Oh please, I didn't direct Fiercey into killing you. I only directed her into hurting you so bad that it'll make you believe that she was going to kill you." Mom replied in a calm voice.

"Well, congratulations! Not only did you hurt me, but also hurt grandma, Brandon, and Fiercey herself!"

"And look where that got you now, you're fixed up with Fiercey, you met them both, and you found me." She replied bluntly.

I was so frustrated at her. Her face, her voice, her pride. It was all so annoying that I simply want Fiercey to maul her, but unfortunately, Fiercey is under mom's control. And that annoyed me so much too.

"I can't. I just can't with you. Jesus, after all this time you're still in my head. Orchestrating and controlling my mind on what's going to happen, and eventually hurting me in the process!" I yelled, letting it all out at her. "And then you'll be proud at it! Giving me the 'trying to make you better' bullshit. I'm sick of it!"

Grandma tried to calm me down. I felt her hold my shoulder and pat my back but I shook her off.

"You know what, you are such a fucking witch!" I exclaimed.

"Oh honey, look at me. I am one." She said raising both her arms to the side, showcasing herself.

"And I bet you're proud of it." I stomped away.

I walked away from them and headed towards the river. Brandon tried to follow me, but Grandma stopped him, suggesting that I should be given some alone time for a moment. I stood by the river and cleared my head.

Grandma and Brandon went on to converse with mom. I didn't paid attention much since I was still pissed. The river reflected and sparkled the moonlight. For a moment, I actually forgot it was still nighttime. I sat down on the ground, both knees tucked on my chest and my arms wrapping around my knees.

I let out several deep sighs and thinking that everything's going to be fine. A simple lie I tell to myself to make things better, but unfortunately, I'm smart enough to know it's a lie.

Suddenly, a figure came up to me on my left. I turned my head to see it was Fiercey. She sat beside me and stared at me. I just ignored it first, but then I got a bit uncomfortable.

"What?" I irritatingly asked Fiercey.

"Meooww" She replied to me.

For a moment I chuckled and it seemed like everything I was worried and pissed about all went away. "Is that so huh?" I replied to his meow.

"Meow."

"Mhmm, and after that what happened??"

"Meow, meow, meowwww."