CHAPTER XIX | Two Sides of The Same Coin (Part 2)

Dark fur started to grow out of her body. Her eyes began to turn red and multiply. As her body got carried off the ground by her eight new arms, she looked at us and screamed.

The three of us froze in shock to see a giant Queen spider. She charged towards us with no hesitation. We jumped out of the way and dodged. Yurian quickly got up on his feet and drew out his sword. He swung it at The Queen trying to cut one of its legs, but failed. She hit Yurian with two legs and he went flying into a wall. Brandon rushed behind me to try and get his sword. As soon as he got it in his hands, he charged towards the Queen. Brandon was dodging the attacks swiftly.

I just stood there and watched everything. We wouldn't win against her this way. We needed a leverage. I looked around me and saw a half destroyed pillar, tall enough for a jump. I quickly headed for it.

Brandon kept dodging the hits of The Queen that went flying to him, left and right. He was getting tired, thus he couldn't dodge the one that went for his back. He went sliding to the other side of the room. I got to the pillar quickly and started climbing it. The Queen noticed this and headed for me. Yurian regained consciousness. He saw the Queen rush to me and so, he threw a bottle of Elixir at her legs. She cried in pain as the elixir burned them. I climbed up to the top of the pillar and readied myself. Yurian got up and tried to hold back the Queen from me.

"BRANDON!" I called out to him. He understood quickly and threw his sword to me.

I jumped off of the pillar, caught the sword and turned it on. As I went down on the Queen, I swung the flaming sword down on her neck, cutting if off clean.

I crashed on the floor, as the head of The Queen fell down, and its body collapsing. The two boys rushed to me quickly and helped me get up.

"Is it over?" Brandon asked, panting.

"I think so..." Yurian answered. "She won't be able to heal from that."

"I'm counting on it." I said. "But why's nothing happening?"

We stood there for a while, panting and catching our breaths, waiting for something to happen. The ground suddenly rumbled. As I looked around, everything was breaking apart. Everything began to shatter like glass. I panicked and moved around. I felt the floor I stood on getting weak. As I looked down, the ground shattered. I fell into a dark abyss.

I screamed but Brandon and Yurian couldn't hear me. I kept falling and falling until my vision went dark. It felt like I passed out.

I regained consciousness after I don't know how long. It was total silence and darkness for minutes. It was like I floated in a complete void. Lady, it suddenly echoed. Hey Lady! Hey! It echoed again. Those words repeated again and again, echoing loudly in this void. It kept on repeating for many minutes. Finally, it echoed one last time loudly. Then, I woke up.

I was back in the real world... Well, but not fully. I was back in my car. I was sitting in the front passenger seat. In the driver's sat me. There was two of me in the car. I think I'm having another flashback memory, I thought. But I can't remember what's this memory or when it happened.

The other me – that's driving – was in work clothes. I thought maybe that this was just another day going to work. What's so special about a normal workday? I asked in my mind.

The other me was drinking coffee while driving and talking to someone on the phone. The call was connected to the car's speakers. It seemed like a very important call because I talked so calmly and formal. I also noticed that were going fast. I realized that she was running late and was driving as fast as she could.

I looked at the road we were driving on. It was the same road I drove on every day I went to work, with the same happenings and activities going around. We were closing up on a traffic ligh and it was still green. Other me sped up a bit to try and catch it while ending the call.