CHAPTER XX | An Ending, But A New Beginning With You.

I gasped for breath as I woke up. I quickly sat up on the bed I was in. I looked around while panting. I was alone in my hospital room. There were flowers with letters on the tables and on the floor beside the bed. There was no sign of Mom.

"Help! Anyone! I'm awake!" I yelled as loud as I can. A few seconds later, a nurse came into my room.

"Oh...my God..." She muttered.

"Where's my mom...?" I asked her.

She looked panicked for a moment, but quickly composed herself. "Okay, sweetie we need you to calm down for a bit, okay? You just woke up from a coma. You need to take it easy for now." She said.

"How long was I... out?" I asked in a frail voice.

"I don't think now's the right time to answer that. You might still feel dizzy and in shock after-."

"Please, just answer me." I begged frailly.

She made a deep sigh before answering me. "8 months." She answered, "I'm actually quite surprised you woke up earlier than other patients who went through a coma." She added.

"Well, I had on hell of a scary dream." I said, laying back into my pillow. "You still haven't answered my question though," She stopped for a moment on going out of the door and looked at me. "Where's my mother?"

She sighed and turned her direction back to the door, "I'm sorry sweetie."

1 MONTH LATER.

I was on my way to work. I left off more earlier now than I usually did back then. I wore my usual work clothes which was composed of a white long sleeve polo, a black necktie, a suit jacket, trousers, and black high heels. I drove on the usual road and passed the same streets and activities that went on back then.

I stopped by my usual café where I buy my coffee. I unbuckled my seatbelt and looked back at passenger seat. "Stay right here, I'm going to go get some coffee first. Don't do anything rash!" I said to Fiercey who's laying on the back passenger seat. She responded to me with a meow and I went out of the car.

I entered the coffee shop and there was a line. Fortunately, it wasn't long. I stood behind a tall guy. As the person in front of him went away, he ordered next. It didn't take too long before he received his order and went along. When he turned and walked pass me, his face was very familiar.

I didn't fully dig in to my thoughts because I was next in line. I walked up to the counter and ordered my usual brewed coffee. I paid and waited. After 5 minutes it was served to me and I went on my way.

As I went out the door, I saw the guy again by the end of the pedestrian lane. He was on his phone while he held his coffee in his hand. He seemed to be waiting for the red light.

When the traffic light turned red, he noticed and walked. I was on my way back to my car when I saw a speeding car rushing towards the intersection roads. I glanced back at the guy crossing and I immediately rushed to him. I grabbed a hold of the back of shit and pulled him. His coffee spilled a bit on the sidewalk as he got surprised at the suddenness.

The speeding car crossed and passed the intersection roads right before other cars from different directions crossed it. The guy noticed what happened and turned around to me. The moment I saw his face, I understood it all.

"Gee, that was really close. Thanks!" He said glancing back and forth on the road.

"Yeah, good thing I saw you." I replied.

He looked at me for a moment with a mesmerized face. "I feel like I've seen you somewhere. Do I know you?"

"Yeah, I think I do too. I'm Elliot Mirage. What's your name again?"

He smiled at me and spoke, "I'm Brandon Hargreens." 

End.