Her New Fan

Recap: 

Manik: Mukti?
I called out after her just as she was about to walk down the steps.

Mukti: Yeah?

I thought for a second, trying to decide whether to speak up or not, before I finally gave in.
Manik: Almost everyone in this college is either too intimidated, too jealous or even scared of Nandini and her ways, but then it's you who isn't even mildly negative about her. You might not agree with her ways, but you are not even against them. Why?

I noticed a soft smile form onto Mukti's face as she heard my question before she simply wished me Good Bye and walked away without answering.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Manik: I never knew Space was into Music too... I mean I have been hearing about the college for years from my parents.
I asked Abhi as the two of us settled down.

Abhi: It wasn't before. The Music Club was started just two years back. Mukti has been in the band ever since.

I nodded at him, impressed by this just as we heard an announcement that it was beginning. Everyone settled down immediately, the auditorium turning completely silent as the curtains lifted up slowly to a dark stage. Soft strumming of the guitar was heard before a bright light was turned on from the back of the stage.

Three people were visible on the stage. I recognized Mukti on the right side, her guitar in ready, she looked to be fully in her zone. On the left was some guy, I recognized from some of my classes but didn't really know. He stood in front of the Casio, smiling at the crowd. The person in the center was not visible clearly. I could make out the figure of a girl, sitting on a high rise stool with a guitar. The spot light was right behind her, darkening her entire figure.

It seemed that she was the one playing the guitar, filling up the entire place with soft Music. Until she started singing.

[Samjhwan Unplugged]

Main tenu samjhawan ki
Na tere bina lagda jee
Main tenu samjhawan ki
Na tere bina lagda jee

Mukti started strumming her electric guitar alongside, as did the guy on the Casio, but all my attention was stuck on the beautiful voice singing right now.

Tu ki jaane pyaar mera
Main karoon intezar tera
Tu dil tui-yon jaan meri
Jaan meri, jaan meri...

She started the simple guitar piece, and I was stunned. 
Manik: She is amazing... What a freaking beautiful voice! Who is she?

I asked turning towards Abhi. I saw a weird smile take up his face as he glanced from me to the stage,
Abhi: Wait and watch... This is going to be interesting!

Mere dil ne chun laiyaa ne
Tere dil diyaan raahan...
Mere dil ne chun laiyaa ne
Tere dil diyaan raahan
Tu jo mere naal tu rehta
Turpe meriyaan saaha

Jeena mera... haye
Hun hai tera, ki main karaan
Tu kar aitbaar mera
Main karoon intezar tera
Tu dil tui-yon jaan meri
Jaan meri, jaan meri

Main tenu samjhawan ki
Na tere bina lagda jee

Ve changa nahi o keeta beeba
Dil mera tod ke
Ve bada pachtaiyaan akhaan
Naal tere jod ke

It took a couple seconds of deafening silence before everyone started clapping. But it seemed like the show was not yet over as I saw a couple more guys walk up the stage. Another girl joined the guy on the Casio. I saw in surprise as Cabir took up the Drums while another guy walked ahead with the mike and stood near Mukti.

Even before the crowd could relax of take in the new additions, the girl in the center started playing her guitar, still darkened by the light. The Casio starting up at the same time.