Too much caffeine!

I finally managed to get rid of that boring Hotel Room. Cabir's place turned out to be perfect. Location and flat both, and I think he would be a good company to live with for now. We are together in the football team and the band too, so that's a plus. 

Turns out Cabir's father is an officer in the Indian Army, because of which he always keeps on getting transferred to different cities. Cabir did move from city to city all through his early school life until his mother finally put her foot down to get his studies stabilized as he got into High School. Ever since then his Mother takes turns living with him and his father from time to time, though that reduced fairly enough ever since he started college and became comfortable with living alone. I don't think I would mind his Mother dropping in once or twice every few months. And apart from that he seems like a fun person.

The previous day, we decided about me taking up his spare room. The day passed on well at college today after which Cabir helped me settle down at his place. 

Cabir: Okay... Now that's done! We can buy some more stuff if you wanna make the room more personalized though.

Manik: Let's see we can keep adding stuff as and when required. 
I replied to him, already planning to buy a proper stand for my guitar as soon as I get time.

Cabir: Okay then... Chinese fine for dinner?

Manik: Absolutely...

Cabir: Cool, you freshen up, I'll order.
Cabir said as he started moving out of my room. I moved towards inside the closet to get something comfortable to change into when I noticed the last door locked.

Manik: Hey Cabir, the last cupboard in the closet seems locked!
I told him 20 minutes later, as the two of us settled on the couch in the living room.

Cabir: Yeah!! I don't have the keys, we have some stuff in there... Will try to clear it up for you as soon as I find the keys.

Manik: Take your time. I think I have enough space for now!

We watched some random movie while having dinner and talked about our usual routines. And by the time we retired for the day, I was even more convinced that Cabir was gonna be a good friend, he seemed cool with almost everything and had this weird positive friendly vibe going on. 

The next few of days, I made a couple visits to the office, taking up a few projects and looking over the work. Dad seemed glad letting me take in and considering my opinion, but I tried to keep a low profile in the office not wanted anyone to have objection with my sudden interference.

It was Thursday evening when I crashed onto the sofa, glancing at Cabir who was raiding the fridge for some cake that he bought earlier that day.

Manik: We need some groceries, there is no way I can survive on take outs daily. I don't know how you do it.

Cabir laughed at this shaking his head as he took a seat next to me.
Cabir: It's not forever... Just this month! Mom has a lady coming in to cook for me usually, but aunty is on leave this month as she had to go somewhere.

Manik: Fine then I'll cook till she is back.

Cabir: You cook?

Manik: A little bit...
I replied with a shrug making cabir chuckle.

Cabir: Okay then, your wish! We can pick something up after football practice tomorrow.

Manik: Anyways, I have been practicing some English songs, you wanna jam tomorrow? I don't really know what kind of songs the band takes up usually.

Cabir: Sure, but not tomorrow night... It's a Friday, we have a party to attend tomorrow night.

Manik: Party?