The viral video

Manik.

"Drama over guys... Nothing left to watch out here!!"

Nandini spoke up in her calm yet stern voice, which worked immediately as the crowd dispersed and murmurs took over the hall. She looked approvingly at them before turning around and walking straight away, with those three girls again on her wings, making me realize how they vanished into the crowd when Maddy tried to provoke Nandini. I continued looking at her back until I heard Mukti say,

Mukti: Come on we'll be late for class... Let's go!

I turned towards her to see Abhi hugging her softly before they parted ways and Abhi patted on my back asking me to move. We moved to the class talking about the faculty, who apparently was an angry old man who just needed a simple reason to start shouting and would pass the entire class in the same. As we got into the class Abhi was again greeted by all his friends while I was acknowledged by a few appraising looks by a few girls, which I conveniently ignored. I recognized one of them as Nandini's wing girl.

We settled down just as the teacher walked in when finally I couldn't stop myself and decided to turn towards Abhi,
Manik: So, Who were those two? Back in the corridor...

Abhi smiled at my question with an understanding look and nodded,
Abhi: What happened about not wanting the gossip? 

I just sent him a shrug in reply as he looked up at the faculty before starting in a slow voice.

Manik: The guy... Madhyam Singhania, or Maddy as he likes it! The blacklisted guy in every sense, Trouble is his middle name. Causing nuisance almost everywhere, but then he has his way out of serious stuff. In short, he is a person you would rather stay away from.

I nodded softly at it, almost expecting everything that he said. I waited for him to continue wanting to know more about Nandini,
Abhi: And the girl was Nandini Moorthy... The 'She' girl of this college. The person behind almost everything happening around here... The guys love her, for obvious reasons and the girls hate her for the same...

He looked ahead at the professor, before glancing at me shortly,
Abhi: She has a small group and she mostly stays within the same. Mukti calls them her 'followers'. She is the General Secretary of the college, so she and her group, hold the last word at almost everything. 

Manik: As in the usual queen bee that every college has in movies?
I asked in amusement. But surprising Abhi replied in a fairly serious tone,
Abhi: In short... Yes! But not the queen bee, more like the 'Ice Queen'!

And almost instantly, my interest perked up even more than what it was. The lecture continued as my conversation with Abhi ended. 

I kept my focus on the professor's words but there were whispers going on all around me. Everyone who was there during the face-off between Nandini and Madhyam had their own different perspectives on who was right and who was wrong and those who weren't there were disappointed on missing out on the drama scene. I even heard some people whispering the entire scene in a way that made it seem like Nandini just had a steamy make-out session with Maddy in anger. I shrugged off any thoughts about it, knowing how people manipulate gossips, but then it's nothing that should concern me.

There were hardly 15 mins left out of the one and a half hour class when a knock on the door interrupted the class and Nandini entered wishing the faculty.
"Good morning Sir!"

The whispers around the class subdued immediately as the old man rolled his eyes at it and turned towards her,
Faculty: Nandini... You are late, the class is almost about to get over!

Nandini: Yes, sir I know...
Nandini replied in a clipped tone making him raise his eyebrow. I almost expected him to flip out and shout at her but he surprised me by asking in his same bored tone.