The Fall

She was popular, she ruled the college. She was the girl all the boys wanted. They were all crazy for her, but they were scared of her too... She was not your everyday Queen Bee. She was a bully but they said she was more dangerous. The Ice Queen is what they called her.

"The more Black she wears, the better it is to stay away from her" was what they told me when I walked in. But it wasn't her clothes that told me her mood, it was her eyes. She stared at you, straight into your eyes, reading everything that could be there, while her eyes stayed like a blank sheet. All I wanted was to tear that sheet apart and dive into her world.

She was my Princess. She was my Best Friend, she was my companion, she became that last oxygen cylinder that I needed to survive.

She told me that I pulled her out of darkness, if only I could have told her that she saved me from myself.

She gave me my Family!
She gave me my Dreams!
She gave me my World!

And then she walked out of it altogether.

If only I could have held her tighter.
If only I could have told her what she meant to me.

Our story started with "the Fall", if only I knew then that it wasn't just her falling, it was the two of us falling into something much deeper. It may have happened at our own pace, in different times, but that one mistake of mine, gave me the greatest gift for life...

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you sir, Please head over to the waiting area, there is still half an hour before we start boarding, we'll let you know when the flight is ready."

He nodded at the girl on the reception before walking towards the said waiting area.

5 years.
He was finally going back to India after 5 complete years. He was finally going back Home. But even now all he wanted was for his flight to get cancelled so that he could postpone this trip and drive back to his flat. He would have done exactly that, if not for that one message that he received from his younger brother the previous night.

Dhruv: I know you are planning to ditch us again but please don't do so. Not this time Bhai, I really do need you here! See you soon...

And if there was anything that Manik Malhotra couldn't do, was to refuse to his brother's request.

He settled down in the waiting room, and decided to finish off some work while waiting for the flight. Taking out his laptop, he was about to start when he heard a familiar voice calling out his name.

"Manik Malhotra you are so gonna thank me for this!"

He turned around in surprise, seeing his roommate cum friend, Aryaman Khurana, walking towards him with his usual broad smile adorning his face.

Manik: Aryaman what the hell are you doing here?
Manik asked him as the guy made himself comfortable on the chair right next to Manik's.

Aryaman: I, my friend, am here to save your ass from 20+ hours of boredom.

Manik: What?
Manik asked him in confusion.

Aryaman: Well I know that I had planned to come next week, but then I thought I'll also take this opportunity and visit home, its been quite long you know...

Manik rolled his eyes before speaking up,
Manik: Aryaman, you went to India 6 months ago... Don't tell me you are actually serious about coming with me!

Aryaman: Of course I am! After all your brother is getting married to my baby sister. Why would I not want to go there a little early?
Aryaman replied back with a shrug only for Manik to shake his head in surrender.