Guilt

"Shit!!"

I muttered to myself realizing what a stupid mistake was occurred by me. Before I could even fully take in the fact, I heard Mukti speak to Abhi.

Mukti: Why don't you try and talk to Cabir? Maybe you can get him talk to her."

I shifted my attention back to the couple as Abhi sighed shaking his head,
Abhi: I heard he was damn furious at the team... We all know how that guy gets when it comes to Nandini!

Mukti nodded at him as I found myself speaking again,
Manik: Cabir?

Mukti: Nandini's best friend... The only person who can say anything and literally everything to her. If anyone wishes to convince Nandini for something, he is the man for the job! But then the guy is too damn possessive about her, you should hv seen him day before yesterday.

"Ohh there he is..", Mukti said as she pointed at a guy walking closer to Nandini's table.

I followed her eyes and found him smiling broadly as he joined the table, taking a seat right next to Nandini as he snaked his arm around her neck almost choking her. Nandini laughed out loud at it, hitting him hard making him let her go as she smacked his head. It was then that I found myself getting lost in her laughter. Probably the only, heart felt reaction that I had seen from her in the entire day.

Mukti: Anyway, getting back to the topic, Abhi talk to him okay? You are friends, I mean he is in the team himself, he will surely understand the importance of the inter-college league... I have some work in the library, I'll see u guys later, okay.

It took me a moment to realize what she was talking about as she walked away with a nod from Abhi, while I was too busy in my own thoughts.

The day passed away in a blur while I spent my time in daze. I know that it was me, who had kicked the ball that day and I wanted to set things through. Just watching Abhi stressing over the team suspension, made me feel guilty. And to top it all, I had resulted in getting the girl a god-damn concussion.

I owed her an apology.
---------------------------------

The next day, I intentionally decided to get to college a little early fully determined to talk to Nandini and apologize for what happened. I wanted to try once and maybe she would actually listen to me and get the football team back on. I grabbed my stuff from the locker and decided to wait for her at the corridor only, knowing that spotting her there would be quite easy. I stood there looking all around trying to find a particular face.

10 mins passed...
20 mins passed...

The corridor started getting its usual morning crowd but not one sight of the person I was waiting for. I shook my head in disappointment as I glanced at my wrist watch again, only to find out that there were just 10 more minutes left for the class. Right when I decided to give it up for now, a certain group caught my eyes.

Making a quick decision, I pushed my back off the locker, getting my bag up from the ground and made my way towards them. I reached closer to the group of 6... The three girls who I remembered to be the same ones who were with Nandini the previous day and three guys, one of them was conveniently Cabir. They were all standing together fooling around like any other casual group on a random morning.

"Excuse me..."
I spoke up taking in their attention not missing the way the girls stood straighter, blinking their eyes at me as they gave me their smiles. The guys, much to my dismay, chose to ignore my interruption and turn back towards their lockers. I greeted the girls politely.

Manik: Hi... I m Manik Malhotra! I'm a new student in your batch....

The girl standing right on my side stepped closer to me as she replied to me,
"Oh yes.... Soha Khurana, never misses a handsome face when she sees one! Welcome to Space..."