Shayad

It was Monday, also the first practice for me with the Music Club. I had been a tad bit excited for this ever since Saturday, but it looked like the same was the case with the other two selected. The other two were both more into classical music. Sagar, who played the tabla and Navya, who was trained in classical singing. And from what it looked like, I think they were the only two here who were into classical, the existing members didn't seem much into it. 

The practice was scheduled after class, though I am sure Nandini was here beforehand as she did bunk her last class, not that I was looking for her. Just looking at her this morning, I knew that it wasn't the day to mess with her. She was looking equally blank and scary as the day when I first talked to her. Mukti's theory again seemed to be right as I later noticed that it was another all Black day for her.

Everyone else walked in right on time, it didn't seem like they had anything planned out for the day as most of us settled down getting comfortable on the bean bags and relaxed for a bit. Nandini was inside the recording room, with headphones on, ignoring everyone as she did whatever she was doing earlier.

The others fooled around, Cabir being the center of attraction as he played some video of a prank that he pulled that morning on one of the teachers. 

Nandini: You know they would laugh much harder when you get expelled for pulling this stunt.
Nandini said walking in 10 minutes later. Taking Cabir's camera as she turned it off.

Cabir: They can't expel me...

Nandini: And who said that!

Cabir: You did... 10th November, last year. Exactly at 7:12 pm, you told me that they can't expel me.
Cabir said smirking at her, looking all too proud at himself for remember the random date and time.

Nandini: I said and I quote, "They can't expel you for throwing a party on Campus"... For what you did today, start counting your last days in here Cabira.

Cabir gasped in hurt, which nandini ignored as she turned towards everyone.

Nandini: Okay everyone! As mentioned during the Auditions, you guys are in the Band on a trail for a Month. 

She started, her eyes moving between me, Navya and Sagar.

Nandini: If you actually manage to endure the band for this Month, we will all be performing at the College Cultural Event that's in the first week of next month. This event will decide what your future is gonna be in the Band. And this is not just the new ones, this is for all of you, even the old Band members are up for this elimination.

Ridhima: What? Why the older ones and who would be the judge for who stays?

Nandini: I will...

Ridhima: Right, and who will judge you? 
She snapped making Nandini sigh.

Nandini: No one... Coz I am not going anywhere. You got any problem with that?

I looked down sealing my lips to hide my chuckle, even if anyone had a problem today, her expression at that moment won't let them speak up about it. No one said anything at this as she nodded.

Nandini: Thought so! Now, as I was saying we have to prepare for an event, so without wasting any more time lets start. 

Her gaze moved between all of us, as if thinking something before she pointed at Navya and Sagar.

Nandini: You two! Come with me, let's start with your instruments. Others, why don't you all sit and decide on what should be the theme for our group performances. 

Harshad: Great, I wasn't in a mood today anyways!

I saw Nandini ignore him as she walked towards the stage with Navya and Sagar with her. It was now that I noticed the new addition in the Music Room. Right next to the stage, the area was cleared up with a white duvet ready on the ground with a few classical instruments, like the tabla, harmonium, veena and sitar placed on it.