***
I glared at my paper, spitefully. Want so badly to throw it across the room, or better yet crumple it up and throw it in the kitchen stove fire. 

“Stop glaring at your paper and tell me what's the problem,” Stella said. The four of us were lounging around in the living room of our cabin, getting ready for the show tomorrow. 

“A big red B- is my problem, do you know how close that is to being benched, just like that everything we worked so hard for would have vanished,” I said. “I was inches away from being benched just because of one stupid Spanish pop quiz that I had no clue about. Poof just like that the show would be out, and the taunts would get worse, the barn would be burned down, this time none of us making it out alive, and we would all be dead before the stupid show that we worked so hard to get to” 

“Hey it's okay, you only got a B- nothing below it, you are going to get hell from the Spanish teacher, but we are still in the competition,” Ben said soothingly. 

“Breath, inhale exhale inhale exhale,” Stella said, grabbing my hand. 

“Rose it is a close call, and after this show, I will personally help you with your homework and studying okay, don't worry everything will be fine,” Damion said, as he casually cleaned his riding boots. 
***

Vote if you liked it

Comment your thoughts

Share with your friends

~G