𝑖. Stealing Beer

༻✿༺

          A momentary prod on her cheek interrupts Sabrina Forman's dreams

          A momentary prod on her cheek interrupts Sabrina Forman's dreams. Her eyes remain closed as waking reality slowly registers in her mind. The more it does, the louder that the voices speaking in unsuccessful hushed tones begin to sound in her ears, and she feels yet another gentle prod on her skin.

          "Andy, stop poking her cheek!"

          "I'm waking her up."

          "Why? Let the girl sleep."

          "I would, but she's become so pale. She's dehydrated."

          "Then just shake her, man."

          "No, that won't work, you idiots. This will."

          And then sunlight so blinding enters the room that it breaks through the lids covering Sabrina's eyes, making her grumble and instinctively reach for the covers, the movement of her body completely waking her up. Someone cheers at whoever opened the curtains, and it's then that she properly recalls the conversation she witnessed in her half-asleep state, prompting her to realise she's barely familiar with the voices. She slides the blanket down to the tip of her nose, allowing her eyes to travel around the room slowly and analytically.

          It takes her barely a second to comprehend where she is. She lies comfortably on the king-sized bed in one of Buddy Morgan's lavish guest rooms. She pities her friend for having to take her in when she's drunk off her ass sometimes, but he never refuses to have her over. He's fully aware that she doesn't want the pristine image her parents have of her to get ruined, and thus, he helps her out a lot. He does so because he knows Kitty and Red Forman, he knows them very well. So he's sure that should her picture-perfect image crumble, they'll be watching her like a hawk, and that lack of freedom is probably one of the things she hates the most.

          So, her being here isn't unusual. What is unusual is to have the company of three guys from school she's never spoken to before. All of whom are scattered across the room, expectantly staring at her.

          The one who let the sun blind her, she assumes, is leaning beside the window. He has his arms crossed, with a blank gaze sent her way. The cheek poker, Andy, sits beside her at the edge of the bed, brunette hair unruly as he innocently blinks at her, reminding her almost of a golden retriever puppy. And the third rests lazily on the floor, legs sprawled out ahead while he twirls what looks like a drumstick in his hand.

          They all collectively stay silent, including her, even after she analyses them well. Neither makes a move to speak, continuing the staring contest between one another. Their staredown lasts almost a minute, right up until Buddy walks in with a glass of water, brows furrowing at the sight in front of him.

          "What are you guys doing?"

          Upon hearing his voice, everyone finally moves from their frozen spots, facing him. The boys simply greet him and he gives them a weird look. Whatever trance they were in is completely forgotten.