𝑥. Prom Night

༻✿༺

          Kelso, Donna, and Eric converse amongst themselves at a table, waiting for some balladic music to commence

          Kelso, Donna, and Eric converse amongst themselves at a table, waiting for some balladic music to commence. For a fleeting second, Kelso glances towards the entrance opposite him, but a second soon turns into thirty and more, his eyes gluing to a pair in particular. He heard that Sabrina would be attending, which weirded him out because she'd expressed her distaste for the event, but he didn't know she'd be making an appearance with Buddy. He thought she'd rather be on her own.

          That's barely the thought occupying his mind right then, though, as he's too busy admiring every delicate detail of the way Sabrina looks, unexpectedly mesmerised.

          "Oh, my God," Kelso mutters without thinking, lips parting. "Bree looks . . . wow."

          Eric and Donna swivel to identify the focus of his attention, both forming smiles, especially Donna, who feels proud of Kitty and somewhat herself for convincing Sabrina to come to a one-time event like this, particularly one the rest of the gang is also attending.

          Eric watches Donna place her finger under Kelso's chin and close his gaping mouth with a knowing smirk he deciphers easily. The reaction he elicited prompts Eric to smack his arm. "Stop that, Kelso."

          That's what finally gets him to pry his eyes away from her and back to them. "Stop what?"

          "Staring at my sister all lovey-dovey. Don't you dare think about her that way."

          "Oh, he's thought about her that way for a long time," Donna comments confidently. "He just doesn't wanna admit it to himself."

          Kelso's face scrunches up, and he sputters cut-off words, unsure how to reply, though he still does so in a careless manner. "Wh — you know, you are just being ridiculous, Donna. She just looks nice. You think that. Everyone thinks that." He flails an arm.

          Donna raises a brow at him in amusement. Not wanting to aggravate him further by telling him he's not helping his case, she merely nods. "For sure, Kelso."

          He seems satisfied enough with her answer and glances at Eric, who stares at him unimpressed. "I gotta find Pam. I'm supposed to be making Jackie jealous." He stands up, merging into the grooving crowd.

          Eric shifts his attention to his girlfriend, squinting at her curiously. "What's this about him and Sab? I thought they were just friends."

          "Oh, don't get all protective. They are. I was just teasing him," Donna assures him with a chuckle, even though she's always believed there's something more between them. She knows them well, so she has good reason to think that's the case, but the two are always adamant in denying anything of the sort, which leads her to believe they clearly haven't figured it out. Maybe one day.