𝑥𝑖𝑣. Kelso's New Van

༻✿༺

          The Forman driveway is occupied by a fairly spacious van

The Forman driveway is occupied by a fairly spacious van. Kelso's situated behind, in the cargo area, slanting his large figure forward between the crimson front seats to increase the volume of the radio, an ecstatic grin adorning his face. A familiar rock tune grazes their ears, loud enough to travel outside of the entirety of the vicinity.

"Yeah, even the radio works!" He proceeds to turn it down again so the group, excluding Jackie, surrounding the vehicle can hear each other. "And all the doors . . ." He jostles himself backwards, smacking his palms against the backdoors and propelling himself out vigorously. "They open!" He chuckles giddily, briefly gesturing to the pedals underneath the wheel. "And it's got brakes, too! I mean, can you believe this? My uncle, he just gave it to me. He gave it to me, for free!"

As he speaks, Fez stares at him with evident astonishment, as opposed to the scepticism the rest of the teens wear. "That is insane. I would pay tens of dollars for this." He ambles forward, but as he grips the edge of the wholly lowered window, he happens to get a whiff of the repugnant scent inside. He hacks faintly, his features contorting in distaste. "Or not."

Being behind him and catching his reaction, Hyde merely leans over his shoulder, sniffing slightly and ending up mirroring the revolted expression. "Did he own a cat?"

Kelso stumbles over his words, awkwardly shifting on his feet. "Uh, I'm getting an air freshener—"

"Yeah. Get a big one," Eric advises flatly, nodding a few times as he moves away.

Kelso rests his elbow against Buddy's shoulder, who's leaning himself against the hood. "Guys, guys, this thing is like a bedroom on wheels. No more, 'Michael, the backseat's too small', 'Michael, you're on my hair', 'Michael, you're choking me'. That's over!"

Buddy forms a sweet smile, lightly nudging the weight of his arm off, then folding his arms over his chest once more. "And, of course, that's the only important factor," he comments sarcastically.

Although, the other boy doesn't catch on to that, as it had been underlying enough. "Exactly, you get it."

Chip shrugs from where he's lounging on the lawn chair. "Yeah, definitely not that it shouldn't look like a piece of junk, which it does."

Kelso whirls to face him instead, a defensive look painted on his features within seconds. "No, it doesn't, man. I mean, sure, it could do with a paint job, but it looks decent."

An amused scoff escapes the boy. "Oh, it definitely needs a paint job, but I'm just saying, it could have some problems you can't see at first glance." Kelso sees pretty much everyone else nod in agreement to his words, and his brows furrow pensively. "Clearly, you haven't thought to check that, since you lack a lot of stuff up here." Chip taps his head, his tone falsely enthusiastic and a forced smile on his face. "Like common sense, for example."