𝑥𝑣𝑖𝑖𝑖. Burning Down the House

༻✿༺

          The gang lounges in the basement, with What's Happening!! playing on the TV

The gang lounges in the basement, with What's Happening!! playing on the TV. Although, not everyone is engaged with its content. Sabrina had wedged herself between Donna and Kelso on the couch, and Andy sits in Hyde's chair while he's absent, busy scribbling on a piece of paper.

After Donna sees Sabrina sketching Andy's precise engrossed position, the quick detail catches her eye. Sometimes, when she's going through sheer boredom, Sabrina has a habit of making doodles of her friends going about their day-to-day activities, and when she tells Donna this, her curiosity piques even more, and she asks to leaf through the sketchbook. Once it's handed to her, the show they're watching is completely forgotten, and the redhead's awe doesn't waver as she asks questions about what days and events everything was drawn. Some sketches where she's included, she recognises on her own, and it elicits an excited grin here and there. It makes Sabrina laugh quietly to herself.

Her sketchbook being taken away from her allows Sabrina to actually pay attention to what Andy's fervently writing down, and she realises that he's doing math homework. Remembering who else is in his class, she taps Vince's shoulder, who's sitting in between her and Kelso's legs, beaming at the TV like a little kid. "Hey. Didn't you get this algebra homework, too?"

His eyes follow her finger in Andy's direction, and he tilts his chin up to glance at the work on the table. All at once, his smile falls, and his eyes widen, as if his memory is jogged about something that shouldn't have slipped his mind. "Oh, yeah. That reminds me." He swivels to look up at Eric, who's situated on the backrest behind Donna. "Hey. I gotta copy your algebra homework."

Eric blinks confusedly, not expecting that his friend hasn't done it either. "Wait. I was gonna copy yours. You always do it on time."

Vince stares at him. "Not always, Forman. That's why I've got you."

"And that's why I've got you." Eric swats a hand sharply at him.

They turn to Andy, calling for him in unison. "Andy."

It's clear he'd been attempting to ignore their back and forth and rolls his eyes at them, muttering, "God, you're both such idiots." He finishes the equations up, sliding them over to Vince's side of the table. "Here. Copy to your heart's delight."

Without them even having to ask, Sabrina knows they'll each want a piece of paper from her book, so she doesn't hesitate to rip it out. She hands one to Eric, along with the book to lean on, and one to Vince. The two thank her, which prompts her to dismissively wave a hand, and she and Donna focus on the TV once more.

Amused, Donna asks, "Vince, how do you plan on getting into architecture if you can't do math?"

He briefly turns to raise a brow at her. "I can do math, Donna. I just don't apply my knowledge."