𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒕𝒉

CHAPTER FOUR / STRENGTH.

[ Gemma's POV ]
Holmes Chapel

Day after day after day, I was slowly losing track of time.

I felt useless.

Harry's pillow was no longer keeping his perfume and his old cd's weren't sounding like him anymore.

I wasn't eating or sleeping much, and neither was my mother.

Harry was still missing, and we were still miserable.

Nothing could make us smile anymore, and if it weren't for our good neighbor, we wouldn't even have food in our fridge or our bills paid.

We couldn't move, we couldn't think and we couldn't breathe anymore.

He was still missing, and for the first time I felt like getting up from bed, I felt like I should start doing something, since the police were still clueless.

If they didn't move, then I would.

Because I just couldn't stay and get deeper and deeper in my hole of darkness and depression.
I needed to use all that to do something.

After taking a needed shower and changing my smelling clothes, I made my way downstairs only to find my mother sitting in front of the tv surrounded by old used tissues and blankets.

She hadn't slept in her room since Harry went missing, she wanted to wait next to the door in case he returned.

And today wasn't the exception.

She had the news on, and they were playing images of the different manifestations around the country.

Harry wasn't the only one, and the numbers were increasing every day.

"Mom."

"Uhm?" - She mumbled, not taking her eyes from the tv.

"I'm going out."

"No!" - She shouted, finally looking up at me.

"I need air."

"No, Gemma. No." - She begged, standing up and taking my hands. - "Please don't." - She sobbed.

"I need to move mom, I need to go out and find answers."

"You can't! It's not safe. Stay here." - She said, grabbing me from the neck of my shirt and forcing me to stay still.

"I want to do something! I can't stay here crying anymore!"

"Gemma, your brother is dead! I can't lose you too." - She sobbed.

"He isn't, mom. I'm sure he is out there. And I'm going to do everything in my power to save him, to bring him home. He's alive and he needs us to fight for him."

"I can't keep my hopes up and I can't let you go, I can't."

"Mom, I promise I'll be back." - I said, hugging her close and letting her cry on my shoulder.

"You can't promise that, we don't know!"

"Mom, please." - I sighed, rubbing her back.

"What if something happens to you? What would I do?!" - She cried harder.

"I'll be with Liam. I won't be alone. And I'll text you so you can keep track of me. Does that work?"

"Text me every half hour. I want to know where you are at all times. Please." - She sobbed.

"I will. I'm going to do this for Harry, okay? We're going to bring him back."

She slowly let go of me and soothe my now wet shirt.