𝑨𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

EIGHT / ADORATION.

[ Louis' POV ]
Doncaster.

A week later, I couldn't just continue to avoid Chad at work because he was getting quite insistent. So I agreed to get some drinks with him after our shift that day.

My mornings and guitar lessons in the afternoon have been a regular part of my day lately.
I've been practicing a lot and improving with the basic chords he taught me.

Harry was sweet and patient as a teacher, and I found myself learning a lot, not only about music, but also about him.
And I knew my daily visits were making him more open and hopefully more healthy.

I worried about his meals and his night sleep. I got used to giving him breakfast in the mornings and something to eat before bed too, also I added a blanket and a hoodie so he wouldn't be cold at night.

And that was it.
He didn't let me do much else either.

He was always saying that I was giving him too much, that he didn't want it.
So I let him be.

For now.

Because I was growing attached to him.
And it was stupid.

But it just was.

And today, It hurt to not go back to Harry when I had told him that very morning that I would be there for our usual guitar lesson. But I really needed to get this stupid drinks date with Chad out of the way.

And I'll probably step by the park right after just to make sure Harry has something to eat for dinner, so it wasn't a big deal.

After Chad and I left the office, we walked to the little pub at the end of the street.
He seemed to be a little overdressed for a pub, but well, I was wearing sweats so, who am I to judge?

I asked the bartender for a ron and coke and a plate of chips with cheddar and bacon, while Chad ordered only a Manhattan.

I took a mental note of taking whatever leftovers of the chips to give them to Harry once I got out of here.

"So, Lou?"

"Yeah?"

"How's your life going outside work?"

"Huh? Good, I guess. I don't do much."

"You live with a friend, right?"

"Yes, she's the only person I have apart from my family."

"And you and her ever had something? Like dating?"

"What?" - I laughed. - "No, never. I'm really gay."

"Well, that's good then."

"Uhm?"

"Because you know, I had the intention to ask you out more often." - He shrugged.

"Why?" - I laughed. - "I'm like, completely boring and I'm as romantic as a snail. I don't really like the whole dating thing either. I'm like your worst option for that."

"But you accepted drinks."

"That's what this is about?" - I laughed. - "I thought it was just a coworker's thing, I don't know."

"Wow Louis, you are really that clueless?"

"Uhmm… I mean. I just… I have never done this so…"

"There's always a first time." - He smiled playfully.

"I don't know… I'm not… interested?"

"How can you be interested if you don't know me? You just have to give it a chance, and then if you're still not interested… we'll go separate ways." - He shrugged.