𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆

Okay, well. Hello my beautiful Magnets.

I need to tell you that this chapter starts from where we left it on the last Gemma's POV. And that is chapter 'delicate' .

That is because last chapter was Louis' POV and this kinda happens at the same time as that one but from Gemma's perspective.

If that makes sense.

Anyways, I love you all.

Mag 🦋

EIGHTEEN / HOPE.
[ Gemma's POV ]
Doncaster.

We hardly slept.

After arriving at the hotel at nearly six am, Liam, my mom, Niall and I decided we needed to get up around ten to start the investigations on Zayn's location.

So, by the time the alarm went off, we had slept around three and a half hours. We were all tired and walked like zombies, but that's what we had to do.

We met with Officer Sanders and Matthews at breakfast and went through the plan.
We had two cars, the police car they brought and mine, so we could easily split up in both of them.

The plan was simple. Go to the location, check the perimeter and then get carefully inside the building to hopefully find Zayn.
And maybe, if we were lucky, some other victims too.

Niall and Liam went with officer Matthews, while me, my mother and Officer Sanders went in my car.

The ride was easy and silent.
The fact that the officers and Liam yesterday had interviewed the people with testimonies, gave us the reassurance that we were looking in the right place.

So, we were pretty sure that we would find something. We would find not only Zayn, but probably some of the criminals involved.

And we were ready to get them behind bars.

After a couple of rounds with the car around the block of the supposed location, I parked the car in front of the building.
Officer Sanders asked my mom and I to stay in the car until he made sure we were safe to go inside the place.

The building was an old shed with a really rusty gate as its entrance.
Officer Matthews got down from his vehicle and waited for Sanders to break in.

They easily broke the lock and stepped inside the building, fully armed just in case.

We didn't hear anything for a while, everything was strangely calm.
So when my phone rang I almost jumped out of my seat.

Matthews.

"Hello?"

"You guys can come in. We already checked everything. We have an injured guy. Nothing else."

"Okay."

I quickly stepped out of the car, signaling my mom to do the same and ran towards the police car to let Niall and Liam know we could go inside too.

We four ran inside the shed and it wasn't difficult to spot the two officers and a body laying on the ground.

The man was laying in a pond of his own blood that was coming from a deep cut on his abdomen.

Sanders had his gun pointing at the man, while he only panted for breath.

"We found him like that."

"We know it's one of them."