𝑳𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

THIRTEEN / LIGHT.

[ Louis' POV ]
Doncaster.

After spending my whole weekend taking care of Emily at the hospital, with Harry never leaving my side, it was Monday again.

And I needed to go back to my work duties.

It was a miracle that Emily didn't get major injuries and that the doctors discharged her late last night, because this morning she stayed inside our flat, resting on her bed.

Harry, who didn't want to leave me alone in case Emily or I needed something, spent the night in my car, denying my - and Emily's - offers of sleeping on my couch.

This morning I left him back at the park after two days, with his things and my guitar so he could spend the rest of the day.

Of course it was on my plans to pick him up after work and let him sleep in my car tonight as well. But I knew he was going to argue with me about it, and I hoped I would win against his stubbornness.

Because after everything we faced this weekend, I just couldn't keep him away any longer. Not after living the scare of my life with Emily.

Another thing, was that now Emily kept insisting on contacting Gemma Styles, and I must admit I was curious.

I was curious about Harry's reaction when Emily named her, and about the last name coincidence.

So, now that the rush of the weekend passed and I was coincidentally sitting in front of my work computer, it was my chance to investigate.

I quickly opened the browser and typed Gemma Styles, finding many articles about her organization and all the victims she already found and took in at the shelter.

It was quite amazing what she accomplished in only a month, but she was doing it and she already had contacts all over the country.

I kept digging and found her number and an email account, I saved them for later and returned to the main browser, quickly typing Harry Styles next to Gemma's name.

And just like that, in just a millisecond, it all showed up.
Hundreds of images of Gemma next to Harry, photos of Harry alone, looking a bit younger than he is right now, but much more healthier, photos of him in different signs at the manifestations of some city.

Holmes Chapel.

But also some pictures of a gravestone.
Dated this year.

Harry Styles was buried at the Holmes Chapel cemetery this past fall by his mother.
This is another of the victims that were taken in this violent situation that is surrounding us.

What?

Harry's not dead.

Did these people think he was dead?
How?

I kept searching and I felt my heart stop when I found a video of Gemma talking about her brother only four days ago.

"I started this organization because my brother is one of the victims too. We still haven't found him, but Harry if you're out there somewhere, we're still looking for you, we didn't give up.
I miss my brother every day and I know deep in my heart that he is still alive and fighting."

I pressed pause and clumsily grabbed my phone, quickly dialling her number and placing the device in my ear.

I needed to tell her.
I needed to let her know that he is indeed alive, and that he was here.

I heard the tone on the line for seconds.
I couldn't stop myself from lifting my fingers to my teeth and biting my nails.
My leg was bouncing in nervousness and I just didn't know what to say to her if she answered.