CHAPTER 3: PREPARE FOR TROUBLE AND MAKE IT DOUBLE (DAILY LIFE)

Horiuchi awoke, feeling the warmth of Rano against him as he sat up. The other boy groaned, sitting up as well.

"What time is it?" Rano asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Almost immediately, the morning announcement played.

"Attention students! It is 8 am! Time to wake up!"

Horiuchi laughed as he sat up, pulling the sheets off as he grabbed some clothes to shower and change into. "Guess you got your answer."

"Yeah. Imma go get some clothes from my room." Rano said, departing and coming back, sitting on Horiuchi's bed as the other boy entered the bathroom. Rano began to think about last night. That horrible trial. Kezami's death.

"Hey. Rano." Horiuchi said from the bathroom. Rano snapped his head up. "Yeah?"

"You okay?" Horiuchi asked as the water stopped running. Rano heard the ruffle of a towel before the door opened, and Horiuchi walked out, shirtless.

"Yeah." Rano said, trying not to stare.

Horiuchi snorted. "We all just watched someone get executed."

"Well, you're distracting me from that." Rano said.

Horiuchi laughed. "You've already seen me shirtless." He said, pulling his shirt over his head.

Rano rolled his eyes. "Let's just go get breakfast, please."

"Alright." Horiuchi grabbed his coat, putting it around himself as they walked out.

It took them a minute to get to the cafeteria, and almost everyone else was there. Emily and Chino were already setting out food as Horiuchi and Rano took their seats next to each other. Nobody seemed to want to talk about last night, or if they did, they talked in low whispers. Four seats were now empty at the table. Horiuchi excused himself for a moment.

"Where you heading?" Rano asked around a mouthful of pancake.

"Bathroom." He responded.

Horiuchi found the bathroom, and quickly went, washing his hands before leaving. When he came back, it seemed like all hell had broken loose. Rano and Ide were standing on one side of the table, while Jira was standing on the other side. The others were crowded around the table, watching.

"I am not gay, damnit." Jira growled.

"Huh. Really. You said that you didn't like kissing women." Ide said, crossing his arms and smirking.

"That doesn't mean I like men!" Jira said, slamming his hand on the table, making the plates and silverware jump.

"Dude, you're trying to deny it because you think that we won't be accepting of it, bla bla bla. Who cares if you're gay?" Rano said loudly.

"I am not fucking gay!" Jira yelled. "I would rather date Monokuma before I would date a guy."

"Monokuma is technically a dude though." Ide whispered to Rano, who laughed.

"You fucking fa-" Jira began.

SMACK!

Vixen had stepped forward, and slapped him across the face. She looked angrier than ever as she grabbed his collar. "You shut your mouth, Jira. This fight is stupid. Who even cares if you're gay or not? So will you just shut up about it?"

"I-" Jira opened his mouth to reply, but Vixen raised her hand again. He closed it.

"Good. Don't you dare insult one of my friends. Or any of them, for that matter." She let go of Jira. The boy looked around wordlessly, before walking away. Vixen stood there, hands on her hips, watching him go. Ikari was watching her, openmouthed, as she glared at her brother.