Prologue

Most people in their youth wake up in a soft bed and start their day with a hearty breakfast and a glass of orange juice.

In the case of a certain young individual? That wasn't the case today.

Chase Ryder, 16 years of age, woke up to a blinding light in his face as he slowly opened his eyes. He awoke in the confines of a grassy field, sitting himself up to prevent the sun from shining in his face.

"Ugh..." he groaned in a raspy voice, rubbing his head. "What's going on? Feels like I got hit by a truck."

Slowly coming to his senses and standing up, Chase stood up to view his surroundings, and himself. He seemed okay, as he still had everything on him. White skin with a few freckles lightly shaded hazel hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a blue-styled jacket over a white t-shirt, brown fingerless gloves, cream-colored pants and grey sneakers that had ridges for climbing. Slung over his neck was a pair of red headphones. On his right arm was a hi-tech device that looked to be some sort of communication device.

Getting a good look of his surroundings, he seemed to be in a vastly wild area, with grass growing everywhere. For some reason, the area seemed to be elevated above the ground, and there was more in the surrounding area beyond the horizon, which included a few mountain ranges sprinkled about the area... and surprisingly, an active volcano in the distance. There was even something flying about to the northwest, but he couldnt make out what it was, although it appeared to be a bird.

"...I am definitely not in America anymore." He said to himself. He took a step forward, but no soner did he get a few feet before he was suddenly blocked off. Coming in front of him were a small group of goblin like creatures with cavemen like clothing and red skin, all holding thick clubs and some of them brandishing shoddlily thrown together wooden shields. They all appeared before him as they were grunting like pigs.

"Oh man... you guys must be natives, and probably not the friendly kind." He said. "I dont suppose you guys'll just let me go and pretend you never saw me?"

The creatures looked at one another before grunting again as they held up their weapons, ready to fight.

"Guess not. Oh man, here we go." the young man said.

Music started playing over the young mans headphones as he took a few warm up stretches. "Just so you guys know, I can be a bit cranky waking up, so I'm gonna work it out, mainly by beating you guys up." Chase then put on the headphones, the music blasting through his ears, as he gripped one of his hands and tugged his gloves, before reaching down to the holsters slung around his waist and pulled out two highly advanced revolver style guns that pulsed with energy, twirling them before getting in a fighting stance. "Alright, lets go."

The strange creatures surrounded the young man. One of them charged in and swung its club, Chase sidestepping and kicking the ugly thing in the face. He then swirled around, aimed one of his pistols, and fired a shot at another, getting a perfect headshot. He then maneuvered around all the others, executing a combination of a few martial arts moves and skilled gunplay, even for a teenager such as Chase, as he fought the creatures. Hhe was able to isolate one of them as he stunned one with a spinning kick, before unloading both barrels of his guns into the things face, blowing it back as it let out a cry of death, turning black and suddenly exploding in a blast of purple and black mist.

"Juding from the way you guys go down, you're monsters, arent you?" Chase asked the creatures attacking him continued their assault, the gunlsinger evading and countering their strikes, getting hit himself a few times. Though he was able to knock one down and dispatch the rest, defeating them all with well-timed shots all around. "Guess i didnt really need to show much in terms of restraint then.